The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Oh my:

Rhapsody of Fire: Crystal Moonlight

YES!!!!! THEY'RE BACK!!!! And better than ever! This seems to be the best Rhapsody album in quite a few years (seven, to be precise). It's very similar to P(o)(t)DF!

Rhapsody+of+Fire+-+The+Frozen+Tears+Of+Angels+by+Eneas.jpg

Hail mighty Rhapsody!!! :headbang:

Wow there're some pretty sick solos, Luca has outdone himself. I like that the drumming is not monotonous, as is usually the case with Power bands.

I think Mr Angry Metal Guy gave the band a well deserved 100! I can't wait to have money to buy this album!!!

I ordered the special edition.. :headbang: I wasn't kidding, man. This record is fucking amazing. :worship:

Listening to the new The Album Leaf LP right now. Yes, LP! I finally bought myself a vinyl record player yesterday and it's awesome! I can finally listen to my LPs ^_________^

I can't get enough of this:

I love how this guy played Paganini. It's the most close interpretation to the myth I've heard so far.

I'm also listening a lot Lizst, Bartók and Rachmaninoff. I also love Chopin and some time ago I found a record of Rachnaninoff playing Chopin; it's simply incredible.

This girl doing a great job on Lizst' transcription on piano:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwc-nmyPm4I&feature=fvst[/ame]

Gilels was increible playing Rachmaninoff

Last edited by a moderator:
Æthereal // Haunted by Visions mix..

I've been listening to almost nothing but the stuff I've been mixing which is probably really bad given the blog.. but really, really fun.

Just watching the HUGE wave I could imagine that the mix was saturated. Are you using limiters for each track? The acoustic moments are very Opeth on Blackwater park IMO. The rhythm acoustic guitar sounds good, but the lead/clean electric one sounds a little bland to me. Maybe a little bit + of overdrive and a bit of delay and reverb can help. I liked the track btw.

NP:

f-WUTHERING_HEIGHT4b28415f00022fa7.jpg

Fucking great power metal.

Just watching the HUGE wave I could imagine that the mix was saturated. Are you using limiters for each track? The acoustic moments are very Opeth on Blackwater park IMO. The rhythm acoustic guitar sounds good, but the lead/clean electric one sounds a little bland to me. Maybe a little bit + of overdrive and a bit of delay and reverb can help. I liked the track btw.

NP:

f-WUTHERING_HEIGHT4b28415f00022fa7.jpg

Fucking great power metal.

Dude that Wuthering Heights record totally surprised the crap out of me. Scarlet releases some crap (see: Royal Jester), but that album is amazing. Really good power metal.

Thanks about the track. I'm glad you took a listen. I've done some working on it and yeah, it's fairly compressed. The goal with this track was to get it to "commercial volume" if I could. And I did. I've posted the "final" version (for now, 'cause I'm recording a record) on MySpace, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

This is probably the most Opethy song I've ever written. That's partially due to the fact that I was writing huge chunks of this song in about 2003 or 2004 and they've just been kicking around. The whole thing was done in 2007 but the recording on the demo version of the album is so bad that I can't take it anymore. So now I'm basically practicing my production skills by recording this stuff.

NP: Anathema // We're Here Because We're Here — Oh man. Such a good album. A nice "return to form" if you will... nice, delicate with some heavier more epic parts. I like it a lot.

Cradle of Filth - A Gothic Romance

CoF's discography may be a vile piece of shit. Dusk and Her Embrace, however, is one fucking hell of a metal album.

Agree. Heard something from their latest album for the first time yesterday and it was amongst the worst crap ever. I just had to play Dusk.... from beginning to end after that :)

Atari Teenage Riot - Western Decay
60 Second Wipeout (1999)

Just can't get enough even after seeing them live last week. Doesn't matter, they're returning already in July AND September, and I will most likely attend BOTH shows :D

Cradle of Filth - A Gothic Romance

CoF's discography may be a vile piece of shit. Dusk and Her Embrace, however, is one fucking hell of a metal album.

IMO Cradle of Filth's discography is awesome. Thornography and Godspeed are definitely sub par but every other album is great. I do agree that Dusk and Her Embrace is their best album though.

NP:
19820.jpg