The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

this is all getting way to exiting ... it seems like the buzz around the new album is building up immensly every day ... my guess this will reach a climax when most of march isssues of the magazines are out. so, again, I keep nagging about it, really strange that this is being built up so many months before the album will be released. the buzz will be over by then.

but I'm also really looking forward to it! like so many, I also would love to hear something radically different from Opeth to blow me away all over again. I'd better stop checking this forum and other places for updates, cause waiting untill august when I will be able to get the new album, is not bareable!

Yes, I did listen to the album. Nearly brought tears (sadness/joy).

They'll update the site soon. Just be patient. Guess I'm not helping... Sorry.

this is all getting way to exiting ... it seems like the buzz around the new album is building up immensly every day ... my guess this will reach a climax when most of march isssues of the magazines are out. so, again, I keep nagging about it, really strange that this is being built up so many months before the album will be released. the buzz will be over by then.

but I'm also really looking forward to it! like so many, I also would love to hear something radically different from Opeth to blow me away all over again. I'd better stop checking this forum and other places for updates, cause waiting untill august when I will be able to get the new album, is not bareable!

I've been a longtime fan/follower. And I'm blown away (all over again). We all will be. The paradigm is shifting...door is creaking open.

Would you say it's progressive in a wanky Dream Theater sense, or in a way that theres progressive things being done with the music rather than pointless time signature changes and complex guitar work?

If you know Opeth's music and Mike (as a music fan) you'll already know the answer to this. Opeth rarely has pointless wankery, even if Akesson -- one of the nicest guys ever! -- is the new guitar hero!

Progressive doesn't always = mindless technicality and wankery though. Spring or Cressida is often considered progressive but is far from mindless technicality.

Oh god, this just reminds me of being on the Tool forum before their new album came out. The fans there wen through so much crap to make up fake album titles and track listings, it was sad. Hopefully that stuff won't go on here.

with the few rumours we have now, the ones that seem true anyway, we may start talking about Opeth mark 3? orchid and morningrise being mark 1, everything between that upto GR being mark 2 because of the stable line-up, and then now mark 3. or maybe these are terms to use in 10 or 20 years from now :)

Oh god, this just reminds me of being on the Tool forum before their new album came out. The fans there wen through so much crap to make up fake album titles and track listings, it was sad. Hopefully that stuff won't go on here.

I don't think you'll go through anything like that. Patience is a virtue. I'm sure there's an announcement coming soon from the RR camp.

^ My thinking exactly. Sort of like the transition between My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life. There's a clear line between those two albums. There's a clear line between Ghost Reveries and the new album.

I'd say so. Lots of understated and subtle things happening. If anyone can make major chords sound like a soul in anguish it's Opeth.