The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

music is music, regardless of the genre. people get excited and anxious over the music, and cant wait to find things out about it. this forum has nothing to do with system of a down, but fans of music are fans of music...

Hard to imagine anything softer than Damnation.

after reading through this entire thread I believe you are the first person to mention damnation in reference to 'least metal'. you bring up a good point.

I'd be pretty happy with damnation V2 with some spices from blackwater park thrown in there.. and some mellotron.

if this is all true, im gonna make the guess that its bobby watson doing the vocals on the 2nd track (at least i hope!). beautiful voice...

i want to believe this but idk
i mean.. it says that its the softest side of opeth yet but it also has the heaviest riffs made by them?
ehh.. idk

That's what I thought. Because Mike said in the Revolver interview that the new album contains some of the darkest, heaviest stuff
he's ever written. So... to call it their least metal album to date just seems odd to me...

That's what I thought. Because Mike said in the Revolver interview that the new album contains some of the darkest, heaviest stuff
he's ever written. So... to call it their least metal album to date just seems odd to me...

It is dark and twisted. And heavy. But there's a ton of non-metal surprises.

Remember, you read someone's opinion. Most/least is relative. Just be ready for surprises -- all good -- from start to finish.