The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Last track specifications from the promo:

6. (11:26) The Epic-Jazz fusion melds into gentle renaissance melodies. Just as the song hits its most quiet and beautiful moment complemented by spare piano, a pulsing keyboard ushers in the ferocity and grandeur that only Opeth can muster. Then, about halfway in, the fucker gets real heavy...replete with the usual Opeth-ian twists and turns.

7. (6:59) Middle Eastern Introspection: An oceanic riff settles into a gentle keyboard while vocals lap against the shore - only to rise into unexpected and beautiful Middle Eastern guitar melodies. The rhythm section Bassist Martin Mendez and Martin Axenrot build and build only for vocals drift in and out of as the record gently trails off.

Atonement is awesome, so i see nothing bad with any of these song descriptions. I've only read them once though because i dont really want to remember anything about the songs when i hear them, I just wanna see what vein theyre in.

I agree with you about the repetitiveness of Atonement, but I think many Opeth songs, especially the mellow ones, repeat the same 2 parts with a possible bridge in the middle. However, almost all popular radio format songs do the exact same thing. I think Reverie (if you consider it part of Atonement) saves the track for me. I usually dislike keyboards in rock-derived music but I think Per has helped Mikael write some contrapuntal parts similar to the guitar on the first two albums, which adds depth to the music. As for the "forestyness", I suppose everyone's mental image of a song differs from everyone else's. Right now I anticipate Hex Omega sounding something like Kashmir Light.

I liked Atonement, I thought it was a strong track. It seems to me like a jam session with the keyboards and such. I love the ambience it gives

I was hoping that "Hex Omega" would be a sickest shit of distortion with chords of growls but a acoustic relaxed beach song would be great anyway

I was hoping that "Hex Omega" would be a sickest shit of distortion with chords of growls

Just from the title and placement in the album I thought it might sound something like "The Grand Conjuration 2.0".

"I was hoping that "Hex Omega" would be a sickest shit of distortion with chords of growls"

Based on its name and placement in the album I initially thought it would sound like "The Grand Conjuration 2.0".