The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Wow Mendez sure has sunken in my eyes,first he cut his hair to be able to play the 50-cent bass and now i get to know he´s Basshunter. :(
What´s next,a split with Paris Hilton?

I purposely dont want to read most of the posts in this thread because i dont want to know what to expect. I want to go buy the album, come home and put it in my cd player and sit there with my friends and listen to the beauty and brilliance that I hope Watershed is....and undoubtfully will be. As long as it is not identical to any other album and it is not pop/hiphop/rap or any other genre like that then im happy :) not that they arent good genres just wouldnt be Opeth would it :p

I personally like the snippets of info we've been getting.
In my mind it makes me more excited for the thing.

I just keep thinking... blastbeats :D

I read in a metal mag from the journalist listening session from Watershed today and the reporter said it sounded very promising :). Well nothing beats your own ears but i at least think that journalist usually knows what he´s talking about.

Well you´re Swedish so go buy close-up :)

Some outtakes for the other guys:
(At this point the songs hadn´t been given any names so i dont know which song is which.)

""Metal 1" starts with doomy Voivod-chords leaning against a steady drumbeat. Ghostlike pianosounds follow and then we´re taken down to the darkest regions of hell. Riffs go all over the place everywhere and it´s not easy to keep up,something that later will prove to be representative for the whole album. Apart from Voivod and Mastodon also widely spread things like King Diamond and Carnivore pops up in my head"

"It sure sounds a lot "Opeth",but the music is dressed in a much more dirty and meaner dress than usual,which also applies to Mikaels growling which is both more deep and guttural"

"Metal II begins with some aocustic picking where a folky tone takes its way in. Suddenly all hell breaks loose and we get to hear..blastbeats! The pre-talk about Opeth becoming heavier and faster shows itself to be partly true. The drumming is absolutely phenomenal,the difference with Axe and Lopez is that Mr Axe has a much more dirty and more metalish go than Lopez more light drumming. Over the chaotic blastbeats we get to hear Mikael sing clean. Probably a thing to get used to, but the combination of blastbeats and clean vocals feels a bit shizo at the moment. The bombastic,krautish parts makes me wanna have more"

"The albums powerballad "Deep Floyd" is next. A powerful and forwardgoing piece with a strong chorus and hints of Deep Purples David Coverdale-era,plus King Crimsons beautiful "In the wake of poseidon". A cool thing is the "untuning" guitar in the end of the song"

"A representative from the record company says he´s heard the record about ten times and first now the music is starting to settle in with him. And i guess that´s how it is. Opeths tenth album demands time. Maybe more time than any of the groups previous albums"

There´s descriptions for all the songs but i dont have the energy to translate it all.
Seems very promising anyway.

it needs more time than the other albums ... the other ones already demanded some time to get used to for me, hmm, well, the more I read about it, the more I suspect I will love it more than GR.