The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

2 co-written songs! this is exiting news as well! no longer will people be able to declare on this forum that Opeth is only Mikael Åkerfeldt ...

second remark: it does however seem that there will be a special edition out a couple of months later ... it will be worth it no doubt with the extra track and the covers. it does seem however that the same thing as with GR will be pulled off again. unless the special edition will be released immediately! would be great!

So great to finally hear some news! :loco:

And I'm very excited about the cover songs as well, "Den ständiga resan" is a great album!

What does "Hessian Peel" mean? I suppose it has nothing to do with the German federal state lol

I first thought about the writer Herman Hesse :lol:

Black Session said:
second remark: it does however seem that there will be a special edition out a couple of months later ... it will be worth it no doubt with the extra track and the covers. it does seem however that the same thing as with GR will be pulled off again. unless the special edition will be released immediately! would be great!

An EP would be nice!

from Mikael's myspace:

"Watershed

That's the name of the the new album right there...
Songs?

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7. Hex Omega

We also recorded an extra track called "Derelict herds" + a few covers: "Bridge of sighs" (Robin Trower), "Den ständiga resan" (Marie Fredriksson) & "Would?" (Alice in chains). The album's set to be released through Roadrunner worldwide in late May (in some territories) and early June (in others). I can't remember the dates besides we never seem to keep them anyways.

Hope you will check it out...it's delicious like fresh custard on a blueberry pie! Or a beer.....

Working on the sleeve now and it will be nice.
Cheers to you whose religion is Heavy Metal music!

Mike"

nice reference to the ongoing discussion about postponing release dates over and over again ;)

"Cheers to you whose religion is Heavy Metal music!

Mike"

:lol: ahhaahahaaaaaa cracked me up

fucking exciting news, this is probably my most anticipated record ever.

Hex Omega sounds EEVEELL

I'm so excited I feel sick...

Has anyone noticed the greek references such 'the lotus eater' and 'hex omega' maybe its a greek based concept album>? who knows...

I'm pretty chuffed Opeth named a track after me.

Burden is my surname :)

Bagargh I have been thinking about this album all day. How the hell am I Supposed to wait until fucking JUNE???? I so want to NOT download the album beforehand as I have done with the last four, but JUNE.
"Watershed".. such an awesome title. I fucking LOVE it. It's unexpected, the Opeth way, as weird as "My Arms Your Hearse".
But come on.
You can't reveal all this shit in fucking early february!!!!

Bagargh I have been thinking about this album all day. How the hell am I Supposed to wait until fucking JUNE???? I so want to NOT download the album beforehand as I have done with the last four, but JUNE.
"Watershed".. such an awesome title. I fucking LOVE it. It's unexpected, the Opeth way, as weird as "My Arms Your Hearse".
But come on.
You can't reveal all this shit in fucking early february!!!!

It may come out in late may Mike said, still ages. I don't mind waiting though.