The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

I'm so excited I feel sick...

Has anyone noticed the greek references such 'the lotus eater' and 'hex omega' maybe its a greek based concept album>? who knows...

I'm pretty chuffed Opeth named a track after me.

Burden is my surname :)

What is Greek about the lotus eater?? That's very Egyptian actually. But a lotus is also very muched related with buddhism.
I think you are reading too much into that :)

''In Greek mythology, the Lotophagi (Greek Λωτοφάγοι, lotus-eaters) were a race of people from an island near North Africa dominated by "lotus" plants. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful apathy.''

Nobody here has ever read or heard someone say that this band's new album is their watershed album?

''In Greek mythology, the Lotophagi (Greek Λωτοφάγοι, lotus-eaters) were a race of people from an island near North Africa dominated by "lotus" plants. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful apathy.''

yes, and if wikipedia would give complete information, then it would say that this is very much inspired by contacts with Egypt. orientalizing influences were very prominent in Greek culture at a certain time.

but still no reason to see a Greek inspired theme of the album :p

Nobody here has ever read or heard someone say that this band's new album is their watershed album?

I was thinking the same thing. Watershed is used quite frequently to describe a defining moment that causes a change of direction whether it's a new album or a divorce or having a religious experience, etc. It's really not that obscure.

yes, and if wikipedia would give complete information, then it would say that this is very much inspired by contacts with Egypt. orientalizing influences were very prominent in Greek culture at a certain time.

but still no reason to see a Greek inspired theme of the album :p

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but its fun to guess :)

holy crap, just the news we've been waiting for. I like everything about the title and the song list. Very different than past efforts. Cool to see Fredrik co-wrote, as well as Per. Ah man, this is quite exciting, I can't wait for June. Where did people get the reviews of Coil and such?

The song titles sound weird 'un-opeth like' but i suppose there a prog band. Interesting title 'Watershed'. Something to do with the nude and rude on T.V after 10 o'clock?

great news!!! album title sounds awesome, and the more i read the song titles, the more i love them!!

The update is up on Opeth.com, and has some more info, particularly from Mike.

AIC - Would? Suh-weet! Great tune...