The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

I actually got a little rock voice going now. It sounds like Peter Criss singing "Black diamond" or something. Or like some drunk dude screaming outside in the cold...

"Would" is alright...pretty close to the original. But I gotta say worse than the original..I can't match Layne, but I love the song so why not....?

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6934880 said:
I actually got a little rock voice going now. It sounds like Peter Criss singing "Black diamond" or something. Or like some drunk dude screaming outside in the cold...

"Would" is alright...pretty close to the original. But I gotta say worse than the original..I can't match Layne, but I love the song so why not....?

Haha, OK, I'm sold, Peter Criss voice sounds great, as does drunk dude screaming in the cold. I'm sure it will be an awesome cover, I'm just a huge fan of Layne's vocals on that song and haven't heard you do anything like that before so I'm having a hard time imagining it. I hope this "rock voice" gets used on some of the album, too :D

Ok first time poster, long time lurker here on the Opeth message board. Looking so forward to the new CD, and US tour.

What I am looking most forward to is hearing the the English Folk music fused into their sound. I personally loved it when Days of the New did it with the Green Album. I know DOTN does not hold a candle to Opeth, but I still thought it sounded great.

Any ways I will step away and lurk some more, just very excited about the new album.

Nothing has been said about fusing English folk music into their sound

Man,if only you guys knew how cool it is that they did a Marie Fredriksson cover,that´s so unexpected i cant even find the words. It´s like if they had covered Celine Dion in terms of unexpected-ness(is that a word?)

^when will people give this mentality up?

Finally there's a point in coming to this forum again. I wish some older members would come back for the anticipation/release.

I like how no one jizzed all over themselves and asked him a bunch of questions even though he's long gone.... for once.

I always wanted Opeth to cover "Down in a Hole" actually as it is MY favorite AIC song... so close and yet... :erk:
Can't wait to hear "Would" though.... the wife's favorite AIC song.

I wonder how the cover of Marie Fredriksson will be, she is the female half of Roxette for those of you who didn't know... well, they're experimenting, it's all good...