The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

i want mike to use his fender stratocaster and power on the fuzz pedal... I wish they stop sound so aseptised and mathematical. ( PT annoy me because of that, as Opeth since Blackwater Park). I would like they blow my mind with things they never did before and stop using similar riffs & structures. I hope they recorded it using a real mellotron and real organs...

Quick question, Victoria.
Is Watershed "heavier" than GR?

It's funny, because in one way we know what to expect,
because it's Opeth. But at the same time we don't know
what to expect because it's Opeth!

not knowing what to expect is actually one the main things that makes us love Opeth ...

I didn't mean that seriously ... pretty obvious I thought.

5. Porcelain Heart (8:01) Tool/Sabbath/Tull - Heaviness merges with nearly medieval balladeering into lurching Sabbath riffs. The first two verses are repetitive and memorable - something that wouldn't feel out of place on a Tool record. Then the Sabbath riffs come along rolling in like a friggin' tsunami of doom.

These descriptions are from a finnish metal forum. Maybe the guy will soon type the rest too.

5. Porcelain Heart (8:01) Tool/Sabbath/Tull - Heaviness merges with nearly medieval balladeering into lurching Sabbath riffs. The first two verses are repetitive and memorable - something that wouldn't feel out of place on a Tool record. Then the Sabbath riffs come along rolling in like a friggin' tsunami of doom.

These descriptions are from a finnish metal forum. Maybe the guy will soon type the rest too.

Sounds great!

fuck YES!!!

I wander how that "medieval balladeering" is going to sound.....is it not like the regural "Mike- with- acoustic- thingy" ?
Maybe it's all about using fancy words to make people want the record more (and its working !!)

you just read a rumour on here somewhere I think ...

No. Opeth just announced that they're covering Cannibal Corpse's ' Raped By The Beast ' for the Deluxe Edition, and Dakota Fanning does some squeals in it.

:puke:

Seriously, her parents should have never done that movie, not even considered it. Such an easy target, even though it was never released.

I wonder how much they use acoustic guitars on Watershed.