The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Jeff, the first solo in the first video made me want to get back into guitarring.

Listening this track...i felt tht i should share it wid u guys...this is a symphonic power metal band frm Bangladesh....the band name is DE-ILLUMINATION....they r 100% influenced by the legend Symphony X.....the track name is "choto shopno" means "A Little Dream"...though its nt an English song...i think this track is pretty gud...its a symphonic metal track...the song will b released in an album..this is the clip frm tht track...pls listen to it and share wt u think of the band....:)

http://www.4shared.com/file/37820669/a74a0985/Choto_Shopno.html

Heres a cover of Symphony X-Out of the ashes on bass(the intro)...sorry about the lighting and tone

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends' band, Labelus won a Battle of the Bands on Saturday. It's not really metal, but it's like a Progressive(ish) Funk Blues Pop Rock Jam Band if I had to try to give it a genre. It's the same dudes that I jammed out that James Brown cover with, plus their lead guitarist and saxophone player. Yes, that's right. I said Saxophone player.

And that was me who screamed right away after "GO GIANTS!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
support CHORIZO!!! please....

they are my just r fun/ lets make jokes band. if you can like spinal tap, tenacious d, and dethklok.... you will love the godliness of CHORIZO!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/chorizoband

Ive delayed my responce but I cant hold out:rolleyes:, I mean no offence man, and I could tell or at least hoped that was a "joke band" but I didnt make it far into any of the songs. Misplaced effort in my opinion.

Ive delayed my responce but I cant hold out:rolleyes:, I mean no offence man, and I could tell or at least hoped that was a "joke band" but I didnt make it far into any of the songs. Misplaced effort in my opinion.

dude.. yes, the point is that it's terrible music!!! exactly why we are gonna take over the world. man, the first song s about a narwahl and a queen singing about raping a goat..

at least listen to jesus' golden showers and look at a few of the pictures/ read the descrtiption of the band, before you pass judgement. if you don't thinkit's funny, thet's fine. it's still a lot of fun to do.

Review of "Executioner" I found today:
Real Music - 98%
Written by jizzrobot on February 9th, 2008

Alright, so everyone knows that there's a thrash revival sort of thing going on. I've been seeing bands like Merciless Death, Fueled By Fire, Bonded By Blood, and Warbringer get signed left and right and I'm really confused. Meltdown's "Executioner" tears new ass-holes through any current thrash release. In seeing a review that gives the album only a 65%, I'm totally perplexed. In all honesty, with a rating like that, I almost doubt the album was listened to.

Executioner is bursting with an attitude and thoughtfulness that I believe has been forgotten in today's metal. Ten well planed songs scream with passion and a variety that is really quite overdue. The opening track, One By One, deals a powerful punch in the face with blasting drums into screaming guitar riffs. The recording is a tad dry, but it has a genuine 80's feel. The guitar sounds natural and analog, making One By One and the rest of the album attractively aggressive. The title track could be a pop single, with catchy guitar lines and a driving thrash beat through a majority of the song. Though the main riff is reminiscent of Destruction's "Mad Butcher," it's clearly not the same, and in my opinion better in this application. There is a great metal diversity in this album in a Slayer-meets-Celtic Frost like song, Souls, and Next Attack, which might as well have been a NWOBHM anthem in the early eighties. These guys clearly listen to a lot of metal, there's VARIETY here.

Fast, theory-oriented solos set this group apart from the rest. Jeff Potts and Dan Wetmore lay serious shred on Executioner. After watching videos, I was able to tell whom most of the solos belonged to. Jeff is a true shredder that could take on the likes of Malmsteen, Becker, and Romeo. Crazy sweeping, petal point and creative tapping find their way into memorable leads. Dan Wetmore, on the other hand, plays in a style that's more likely compared to Hammet, Hanneman, or Mustaine. There is no sloppy random note crap in this band. These guys know theory and it shows.

Old school thrash seems to be on a comeback, but I'm not afraid it's going to last. Here is a band that can survive the bullshit. Maybe now it's just considered thrash, but over time, this could be considered just plain old great heavy metal. If you look at the band's myspace and check out the influences, it's apparent that they know what's up. You can hear the Ramones, you can hear Mercyful Fate, you can hear Judas Priest. These guys rule, best of luck to them, hopefully they find a label.
:D:D:D This totally brightened up my morning. Wish I knew who this guy was so I could high five him or buy him a beer or something.