The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

trower_flyer_mini4101.jpg

The flyer pretty much says it all but anyway, my band is opening for Robin Trower this Friday night at The Starland Ballroom!

We need to get as many people as possible to come out to this show, as it is our first time there. We want to make a GREAT first impression!

I have plenty of tickets left, so if you all are free this Friday, I would love for you to come out to the show, and meet you all in person!

We also heard that there will be a rep from Grooveyard Records there, and it would look even better if we had a lot more fans there for us!!

PLEASE email me if you can make it, I'll mail you the tickets or I'll even drive to wherever to drop them off in person! My email: kyle.griffin@ferguson.com

Thanks everyone! I'd appreciate any feedback!

~Kyle
www.myspace.com/thehamsmusic

P.S.
If your a guitarist, there is a better chance of knowing his name. Anyway a little fact about Opeth's new album, they are covering a Trower song called "Bridge of Sighs". Cool huh?!

This is that local band that I've started working with recently; the show will be starting around 9-10pm Eastern (around 6-7pm Pacific) on Saturday night (check dementiaradio.com later in the week for an exact schedule). The DJ and both band members are freakin' hilarious guys, so even if you don't like the music, odds are that you'll have fun listening anyway 'cuz they'll crack you up. :)

Jax<-flying to NY with these clowns for this thing; gonna be a blast :)

~A Prelude to Tragedy's 'Shadows of the Past' Internet Radio Debut

A Prelude to Tragedy (the Northern California band previously known as Esucarys, until their recent name change in late 2007) is pleased to announce their appearance on Dementia Radio on Saturday evening, March 22.

Demented Dave, the founder of Dementia Radio, will be playing the band's new cd 'Shadows of the Past' in its entirety, as well as interviewing band members Steve Sorrell (lead & backing vocals, guitars and bass) and Steve Koelling (keyboards, lead and backing vocals) live and in person that evening. Listeners will be able to chat in the station's IRC channel while listening to the show; see www.dementiaradio.com for the show schedule as well as more information.

'Shadows of the Past' was released in December of 2007; their debut cd 'Diary of a Lost Soul' (released under the band name Esucarys) was released in 2001. The band has plans to begin playing live shows in spring and summer of 2008, as well as beginning work on a third cd. More information on A Prelude to Tragedy can be found on their website (www.apreludetotragedy.com) and their MySpace page (www.myspace.com/apreludetotragedy777).

I just bought the album 'Hope' from the tunisian band Myrath.
Probably the best 'debut' album this year (they released an album before 'Hope' but only in Tunisia)

They play progressive metal in vein of Adagio and the album is produced and recorded by Adagio keyboard player Kevin Codfert.

Myrath @ MySpace.com

Highly recommended!

Okay, a time's been set for the radio show described in this thread; it's going to begin around 9:30pm on Saturday evening (March 22). Should be a lot of fun. :) (not sure why they put my name on the damn banner tho..weird lol)

Wait a second, this is in Albany ? Whoda thought a band would be coming to Albany to promote themselves ? Im ashamed to admit Im not following along well though Jax, what station do you tune into to hear this ? OK... I see, its internet radio ? Just another one of those things Im oblivious to. Well have fun, Albanys not much of a city, though they have tried. Entertainment has taken a slide from what it once was, which still was nothing compared to larger cities.

Yeah, the dj is a longtime friend of ours & we decided it'd be more fun to come out to Albany & do the interview/show in person than just do it on the phone. Just one of those wild hair things..'what if we just go to NY & do it in person?' 'yeah, let's do that'..and so it came to be.

This'll be the first time the guys in the band have met the DJ in person after having known him for many years, so it's going to be a killer weekend on many levels. :)

And yeah, it's easy to tune in; on the station's site (dementiaradio.com), there's a link for tuning in and you can choose hi-fi or low-fi on either Winamp or Windows Media Player there, as well as a link for chat that'll let you come into chat and talk with..err..type at us online while we do the show (or if you use an irc client, it's irc.starchat.net and the channel is #dementia).

I never knew about this, where is it in Albany? I assume its not a public place, Just wondering where such a thing is done from ?

BTW, when someone says Dementia Dave its hard for me not to picture Mustaine..... lol

best of luck to all, and welcome to the capitol district of NY.... I guess.... just dont blink.... lol

Wow, this was a nice surprise...a euro style power/speed metal band that sounds like top of the genre stuff...from the US! Hailing from Massachussetts, they recently re-recorded their debut album from 2004, which apparently had shoddy production...but it sounds amazing now, plus they included a couple bonus tracks...a cover of Iron Maiden's Flight Of Icarus, and a kickass metalized theme (Dr. Wily) from the classic Mega Man 2 Nintendo game, which is actually one of the coolest things I've ever heard :worship: The guitar work is intricate and blazing (instrumental sections are so good), the vocals very smooth, and the keyboard player, Peter Rutcho, is excellent...also happens to be a producer. Anyway, check 'em out...

Myspace
Official Site

TDOE400.gif

Wow, this was a nice surprise...a euro style power/speed metal band that sounds like top of the genre stuff...from the US! Hailing from Massachussetts, they recently re-recorded their debut album from 2004, which apparently had shoddy production...but it sounds amazing now, plus they included a couple bonus tracks...a cover of Iron Maiden's Flight Of Icarus, and a kickass metalized theme (Dr. Wily) from the classic Mega Man 2 Nintendo game, which is actually one of the coolest things I've ever heard :worship: The guitar work is intricate and blazing (instrumental sections are so good), the vocals very smooth, and the keyboard player, Peter Rutcho, is excellent...also happens to be a producer. Anyway, check 'em out...

Myspace
Official Site
Hey not bad. Generic like a fucking pencil, but what power metal band isn't nowadays? Excellent cover song of the Dr Wiley theme.

Alright, i figure I'll finally promote my band here a bit more with our latest update...

Skelator said:
The 4th Crusade Begins...

Things have been quiet at Snake Mountain for these past few months as Skelator further plots to take over the Earth, but now it is time for him to unleash his wrath upon the unsuspecting people of this world. The five warriors who fight together as Skelator in the war for chaos and true metal have been joined by a powerful ally. We proudly hail METAL ON METAL records! Together, Skelator and Metal on Metal records will bring you "Time of the Swordrulers" this September, which is a collection of the "Swords" EP and "Gore of War" split along with some extra tracks. This will be released alongside the new album from our Seattle brothers in metal, Fallen Angels.

However, Skelator refuses to show any mercy on the human race. In the near future, we will be announcing how you can get your armor clad hands on the re-recorded "Give Me Metal or Give Me Death". It is currently in the final mixing stages and should be ready to bang some heads and kill some posers by the end of the year.

We would like to once again thank Josh Hannenberg for fighting nobly alongside us in our conquest of Germany as well as some skirmishes in the local area. He was a brave man who fought like a true metal warrior. Furthermore, we&#8217;re excited to announce that Johanson Maywire has taken up the Drums of War in this never ending war. Johanson will begin laying siege to many cities around the Pacific Northwest in the coming months, and those battles will be announced soon.

Finally, we would like to sound the horn for all the true metal warriors who wish to fight alongside us as we lay waste to the west coast later this year. Death to false metal, death to the opposition! Give us metal or give us death!

Myspace
I think Jason added different songs about a month or two ago, so check it out. It's old material (way before my time haha) but it still kicks ass.

We're also going to have some new band photos and some video up soon. And uh.... if anyone knows a good program that can be used to crop video so we can cut a few songs out of an .avi file, that'd be great... either mac or pc.

Kill with power