The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

I appreciate the sympathy:)

The upside to it is that I'll be back east in time to catch the Prognation show in DC. It'll be cool to see DT (again), but I'm stoked about seeing ZPZ and Pain of Salvation. I managed to miss ZPZ by a few days every time and POS should be special too, I'm hoping. I just hope Daniel can stay on point, what with the show being in DC and all. I'm interested in seeing Beardfish too, and I guess Queensryche is on the bill for that night as well. Should be a good time overall.

In all honesty though, I'd pick the Guthrie show if I had to choose.

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=789146&postcount=1

Go there, and use the e-mail contact to snatch a ticket. Chris P. (Madsman...the guy who posted that) works at the place the concert is being held and is a great guy. I'd try to get on it quick too, I think the RMA show in NC is sold out already, or close to. Granted, it's a bigger bill and it's been advertised for a while already, but response to the dates has been unexpectedly positive.

E-mail sent, thanks....we'll see what happens.

ZPZ will rock, and are an incredibly cool band. I would like to see Beardfish, and I haven't seen DT for a LONG time. Yheir new release isn't half bad.
PoS is a dinner/bar break for me, :heh:

our last show in seattle is online. a few of the songs didn't go so well, but most of them ruled. We were all drunk and/or stoned as hell and the place has NO stage sound, so it was interesting haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out my band. KrotchRaut. www.myspace.com/krotchraut

We're a parody death/black metal band. Our lyrics are purposely stupid and childish, sometimes make absolutely no sense and are meant for a laugh. Whether you like death metal or not (we don't) have a listen.... Please? :)

One of the first songs I heard from Symphony X. I was hooked after hearing it. Here is me playing the intro to the great song from this great band...

EDIT: I just realized I played the sweeps a tad slower than the actual speed. I will re-record it tomorrow. I am to tired to do it right now...shit, at least it's clean...

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, hilarious... I'm literally in the middle of listening to Astronomicon by Without Face. If I'm not mistaken, Julie was on that album. One of the VERY FEW female vocalists that I consistently still enjoy. She works magic.

Haven't heard anything from To-Mera since the debut, but I remember it being pretty decent. Time to dig into my stack of promos i guess

I just discovered possibly one of the best aussie bands ever. They remind me a lot of Mr Bungle, but they're really amazing in their own way.

http://www.myspace.com/shanghaimyspace

DEFINITELY WORTH A LISTEN!!

Yeah the saxomophone-thingys made them a little Bunglesque, and there are some (actually a lot of) parts that sound exactly like them. But it's not even near the same quality, and there's no Patton on the mic. And how fun is it to listen to a band that sounds the same as another, but not really quite as good, or with something lacking. It's a little bit like listening to Citizen Kain instead of Gabriel-Genesis. Cute girl though.

my MySpace artist profile

Yeah, some of you have seen this probably already (at least those who know me on Facebook). I finally picked up composing some orchestral stuff again. Those two songs I made a couple of days ago and hope to more soon. I have to learn to fully use the dynamics and suprise the listener. I don't know what kind of reception these get on a prog forum since they're pretty basic stuff. Any feedback is good feedback though.