The Official Doom Thread

Pagan Altar - Volume 1 is pretty doomy at times.

I was thinking Jerusalem, Sir Lord Baltimore, Shinki Chen, and Budgie too, but they are obviously way more heavy rock.

is that Orne CD any good? ill admit from what ive heard from all post RB bands, ive been disappointed. The Puritan is just OK.

J, it's not exactly doom, but try Flower Travellin' Band's 71' release Satori. You probably won't be disappointed.

edit: and get volume 1!!!!!!!!

Satori is one of the best albums I've heard from the 70s or any decade! Definitely worth it.

Also, their debut includes covers of Black Sabbath, 21st Century Schizoid Man and House of the Rising Sun among a couple others

It's not a full song, but here's a studio version put to some live footage so you can at least hear what they sound like before looking further

Last edited by a moderator:
what's Last Chapter like? John Perez is sending me a free copy of Living Waters since my Brainticket order sat there for 3 weeks, all the while they were out of the CD i ordered.

Concerning Flower Travellin Band;

outside of Satori, any of their other albums worth owning? I've actually never listened to anything else besides Satori

Hell Yes. I own them all.

Get this one next if you can. Flower Travellin' Band - Kirikyogen

The first 4 are the best. They were just called "FLOWER" back in '69

Now instock WITCHFINDER GENERAL.... I know they're tough to find, but I found some to stock now.

+ DESOLATION ANGELS BOXSETS.