The Official Doom Thread

Yeah! And they connected so well too, that was the really impressive part. Those guys are really in tune to each other's playing. Love it.

Also

FUCKING OGRE

Motherfuck, they've been kicking my fucking ass since DoD.

my Ogre cd is not working properly

It seems to have only the first 9 minutes of the song on it, just restarts after that
doesn't look like much data on the cd, which makes sense

but those 9 minutes are still kickass :kickass:

count raven rocks. destruction of the void is the best IMO. Ogre is coming up.ive got the first one and the other two should be on the way.

if anyone knows where to find internal void - matricide and mirror of deception - conversion, ill buy you a beer at the next dobd

meh.

OK, so I've got some Trouble and Pentagram, but Saint Vitus is a toughie. Some prefer the earlies and others like the Wino's. I dont know where to start and it seems quite a bit of it is hard to get.

If I was going to immediately go out and buy one Saint Vitus CD, it would definitely be Born Too Late, although the Live album is a pretty fair way to go too, since it also exposes you to some of the early Reagers stuff. The Heavier Than Thou compilation isn't too rare either, and has 4 tracks from the Reagers era iirc.

anyone into witchcraft or sahg?
some newer doom shit.
i think it's pretty impressive stuff, especially sahg's vocals. no wonder they call Iversen the norwegian ozzy!

Witchcraft is really good, especially the debut and Firewood. I can't get into Alchemist as much. I reach for Burning Saviours before Witchcraft, though.

Firewood is Witchcraft's low point, I'd say. Great return to writing interesting songs on The Alchemist.
Burning Saviours just may be the better band, close call between their best material and Witchcraft's.

are these essential in any way? opinions?

Pentagram - First Daze Here/First Daze Here Too
Trouble - Run to the Light
Saint Vitus - C.O.D./Die Healing

I would say that all of them are must owns for Doom fans, especially First Daze Here (my personal favorite material from the band) and Die Healing. C.O.D. is definitely overlooked and underrated. I believe that Run To The Light, while weaker than the earlier albums, is also extremely good and underrated as well.

First Daze Here Too is just as good if not better than First Daze Here, offering 22 songs to FDH's 12, a wider variety of material and a look at a more multi-faceted Pentagram, including covers of the Rolling Stones and the Yardbirds. Some of their best material is on here.

I need to hear that Trouble and Vitus stuff too, only heard the first album by both bands iirc.

ill probably end up getting all of them sooner or later, but i gotta take it slower than i have been. too much music in a short amount of time equals burnout as well as not having the time to digest it all.

that being said, and i mayh have asked this before, but is electric wizard worth checking out? keep in mind i dont like chaotic noise and pointless bellowing, which ive heard some say is what describes EW.