The Official Doom Thread

Actually I vaguely remember hearing that that would be the case. I also heard that there would be a DVD included when it was ever going to be reissued, but it doesn't look like that happened.

that's one band im torn on whether to buy their stuff, that being lamp of thoth

whats the opinion on Eight Hands of Kali, Procession, and Tortured Spirit?

I'm really enjoying the new Candlemass... But what makes me feel weird about this album is that chorus for "Hammer Of Doom" sounds exactly the same as for "Funeral Dreams"... Are they out of inspiration or something?

that's one band im torn on whether to buy their stuff, that being lamp of thoth

whats the opinion on Eight Hands of Kali, Procession, and Tortured Spirit?

Procession is fucking awesome. The album encompasses everything great about traditional doom metal

So I know that nobody here actually gives a fuck about the reviews that I write, but as a couple people here know, I've been conducting an interview with John Brenner of Revelation and Against Nature via a series of e-mail exchanges that got caught up in a few delays here and there, but it's finally done. It will be posted in three sections because it's pretty long. The first part is posted already, the second will be posted tomorrow.

I like what I've heard from the self-titled album. It's more straightforward and direct in some ways (surely Rick Rubin's influence), but I would buy it if I could actually find a copy of it for a decent price that wasn't a bootleg.