THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamtheater-systematicchaos.jpg

Comments?

Looks fantastic IMO! Though they do seem to have a sudden obsession with Ants... :confused: Looking foward to some great stuff from this album...

The track times also excite me... :D

01. In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 (9:00)
02. Forsaken (5:36)
03. Constant Motion (6:55)
04. The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
05. Repentance (10:43)
06. Prophets of War (6:01)
07. The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
08. In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 2 (16:38)

Lots of epicness, with almost a full 80 minutes of material if this is correct... :headbang:

I honestly haven't cared for the last several albums Dream Theater has released. Each has had one or two good songs but thats it. The biggest issue I have is the way they record the vocals now. it just screws them up.
I wish they would go back to the sound they had on " Awake" .

I really hope this new album is better. The last one was better than the one before that. But still not for me.
Though this band will always be special as they were the first ProgMetal album I bought.

I'm sure it's going to rock :headbang: Octavarium isn't my favourite, but it's decent. I like ToT a lot, but it's not as great as some of the others. I have a feeling this new album will bring back the DT we love!

That conspiracy thingo is pretty cool, if they thought up all that stuff that's clever, though I think a couple of the things he brought up were maybe running with ideas a bit too far... Conspiracy certainly makes for cool discussion though.

I'm sure it's going to rock :headbang: Octavarium isn't my favourite, but it's decent. I like ToT a lot, but it's not as great as some of the others. I have a feeling this new album will bring back the DT we love!

On Octavarium, Rudess has definitely gotten alot better at fitting in with Dream Theater, especially in songs like Sacrificed Sons or The Root of All Evil. I'm expecting to be pretty impressed by this album, also hoping to hear them apply more to their songwriting than they do to their "LOOK AT ME!!!!"

I like the "Look at Me!".

The "Look At Me" is just what DT are about. They are some of the most talented, if not the most talented, musicians in rock/metal on the face of this planet. And, they know it. Being as talented as they are, they tend to take freedoms with it...and deservedly so. DT fans wouldn't have it any other way.

Yo, I haven't been to this board in a long time. I was just browsing here cause I thought there may some discussion about the album (dreamtheaterforums.com and mikeportnoy.com are very heavily moderated concerning leaks etc).

I just thought I'd let you know that a studio demo of the album has leaked. It has the first 7 tracks, no vocals, and some dodgy production. Also A few of the guitar solos sound like they are temporary filler things until a propper solo is put in place.

Most of what I have listened to sounds goddamn awesome. I don't wanna write any spoilers for people, but as an octavarium hater I can say this sounds like it has the makings of a really great album. However, I'm still anxious about the lyrics as on the last album they were appauling to the point of being deterimental to the music, and the song titles/album title of this album doesn't really hold lyrical prospects in good stead.

Anyway, I hope the final version lives up to what I'm anticipating after hearing this leak.

While the leak sounds like DT, i'm not convinced these are the real deal. Also the track times dont match up.

It seems that this is the Stream Of Consciousness Dream Theater Songwriting Contest Winners fanclub CD.

So there are no leaks of Systematic Chaos quite yet.

This happened with Octavarium - JLB's Elements Of Pursuasion was used as a leak

Status
Not open for further replies.