The Official Good Television Thread

....Dialogue falls under writing.

OH REARRY? thanks for clearing that up bro :lol:

I was thinking maybe you were the on who didn't understand what a script is because you were linking actors/acting with writing. I guess i must have misread.

And yeah, just as i said in my initial post, neither of those two shows have great acting or writing. I'd put them both in the same mid-tier level of television.

Also, are you one of the people who happens to think Timothy Olyphant is a good actor?? I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually Walton Goggins is the better imo. His character playing a trans in SOA was off the charts...he was a roar!

Ah cool.

GoT has always been a slowly progressing beast that is going to last 15+ seasons, as long as the titties keep showing and a terribly choreographed fight scene occurs. If there was actual good TV on I don't think i'd watch it, I guess that's why TD comes on in June?

won't the show grind to a halt once it catches up with GRRM? or is it still not really that far into the series? i haven't watched any of it yet so i'm just curious. GRRM is one notoriously slow motherfucker.

From what I understand the show is like 2 books behind, but with Arya's storyline and Bram it's basically at where the books are, but the show creators have acknowledged they aren't going to do anything with those characters for awhile. I think he's almost done with his current book?

The showrunners have been told the entire plot of the series and are prepared to move ahead of the books if GRRM tarries. In fact, the show will almost definitely end ahead of the books.

i quite like [The Walking Dead] so far tbh. low expectations probably helped, but i like the way it's starting to subvert perceptions of the characters - and they're generally just about fleshed out enough to work for me in this context. obviously it's a little on the nose thematically and can deevolve into soap opera at times, but it's not pulling as many punches as i feared it would. i just wonder where they're gonna go with it, i'm only on the latter stages of season 2 and i can already feel them starting to pluck new sub-plots out of the air.

I do enjoy the show a lot and will never miss a season. If you're not expecting high-quality drama it's not a bad watch.

I highly recommend the comic it's based on, it's pretty much everything I could ever want from a serialized Romero story. I got the two compendiums [~2000 pages of comics] and tore through them in a weekend. It's worth noting that the show diverges enough that neither work will spoil the other. Important story beats are shared but character deaths are generally switched around.

recently finished sons of anarchy, i liked it quite a bit

i haven't started the newest game of thrones yet

the newest season of it's always sunny performed it's annual comedic duties

and then i have a lot of comedy shows on netflix to catch up on or start

Justified ended pretty well. Can't complain about it too much. Looking forward to Penny Dreadful starting back up

I loved BCS. My favourite drama since whatever the season of boardwalk empire i really liked was on.

Has anyone else watched bojack horseman?

Started watching BBC America's Orphan Black. Pretty good; won't spoil the subject matter, but it's all about "performance."

Had to go a ways back to find mention of someone else watching it, but yeah I just started it myself. Interesting stuff so far.