The Official Good Television Thread

re watching the season before I get back into The Leftovers

"this place only works because they know the hosts aren't real" -
narrative writer

the scenes where the camera zooms into the model of the park really makes you question what the hell is going on. And when the couple that goes into the hills to find the bandit (and realizes the sheriff is going insane) and returns to killing a man, the background set looks entirely fake, like a cube room.

But then when the crew comes in to take Dolores and her father it's consistent that this is obviously a physical place

I can't be the only one confused by the signs here?

Just finished binge-watching Westworld, and while I'm swarmed with a questions like rms, I don't have the same problems. I think EternalMetal hit the nail on the head when it comes to the guns. It's just a futuristic type of weapon that "activates" when the projectile hits the skin of the androids. I was more concerned with the train full of TNT. Several times during the show, there were moments where the TNT could have wiped out an entire group of humans. Of course, there's always the possibility that the fire doesn't affect humans.

The show does pose a ton of financial questions: why did they fill the androids with blood? The janitorial costs must be insane.

Nonetheless, great fucking show.

Anyone been watching this show?

51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg

Finally started watching Better Call Saul, I finished the first disc last night (which is the first four episodes) and I'm keen to continue tonight, how do people in here rate the show overall?

(Please no spoilers.)

second season was better than the first so do stick with it, it's going in the right direction. i like to think it can eventually become the show some people are already hyping it as, but it hasn't got there yet for me.

Reactions: rms and CiG
So I finished the first season of Better Caul Saul and I'm pretty eager to go and buy season two, which hopefully I can do tomorrow. I might actually prefer this to Breaking Bad but it's a little early to make that call.

Anyway I actually am after some recommendations, what would you recommend to somebody who is really into shows like X Files and Twin Peaks?

@CASSETTEISGOD

His brother Chuck sets him up with a hidden tape recorder at the end of the season.

Hmmmm, and Ximinez Lecerda gets ambushed by Mike and later shot in the head by Hectors cousins.

BAM! Don't think i forgot what you guys did with The Wire.

Not cool man. I've seen both shows but not cool. Still need to check out the Wire. I tried watching it but would keep falling asleep.

Japs were stone cold killas before they lost the war. They weren't going to be tumbling with women and nervously asking them out in English.

haha is that how they're portrayed? just never mind all them sex slaves from Asian countries not named Japan...