The Official Good Television Thread

The Janis/Ralphie pairing was amazing. As was her pairing with Richie Aprile, another truly horrible person.

Paulie, Silvio, Adrianna, Uncle Junior, Carmela, Janis and of course Tony come to mind as being my faves but like Vegard said, I'd really like to list the whole cast.

Favourite scenes? Christopher's intervention and Tony's mother's wake spring to mind.

Junior was the shit until he started losing his mind. Genuinely saddening. And Ro's a minor character but I thought she was a badass.

The intervention was a great scene. I liked when Pussy got put down too. There was so much sadness in all of them, but it had to be done. Fuckin drink first. Damn.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
i'll be doing that soon myself.

also i'll try to finish the sopranos this year, i've only seen some of the first season. probably my most embarrassing TV blind spot.

between like ep 7 and ep 21 in season 2 are all useless/avg/trash if you forgot

Strongly disagree. To begin with, the episodes resolving the Laura Palmer murder are among the greatest in the series. As for the rest of the season, although it meanders like crazy and goes some pretty idiotic places (amnesiac Nadine plotline) it generally stays true to the dreamlike tone of the series.

Yeah never understood those who say "only the first season is good". The first half of the second is great too, the giant the means on wheels arc, the solving the murder episode etc are all atleast as good or better than anything in season one imo.

Nadine and lucy are some really bad plotlines in S2 though.

Strongly disagree. To begin with, the episodes resolving the Laura Palmer murder are among the greatest in the series. As for the rest of the season, although it meanders like crazy and goes some pretty idiotic places (amnesiac Nadine plotline) it generally stays true to the dreamlike tone of the series.

well, the 'reveal' is like episode 6 or 7

but yes, the majority of the remaining episodes are clearly done by Lynch. They are just useless story wise and way more out there. He even said himself he signed on for too many episodes and just had to fill air space until the conclusion episodes with Heather Graham's fine ass