The Official Good Television Thread

Dexter, Heroes, Lost, and a bunch of reality shows are basically the only TV I watch atm. Still watching Seinfeld regularly, can't beat it.

My favorite shows are Firefly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Angel. I really love Joss Whedon. I also like House and The Wire. Scrubs is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I've been meaning to check out Battlestar Galactica and Monk.

I only watch two programs regularly; The Shield and Shameless.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dssnahZ16uU&feature=related[/ame]

(Unless you include the news, question time and Americas Toughest Jails)

My favorite shows are Firefly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Angel. I really love Joss Whedon. I also like House and The Wire. Scrubs is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I've been meaning to check out Battlestar Galactica and Monk.

I haven't watched Firefly, but I did see Serenity and really liked it; an awesome sci-fi movie in an era when sci-fi is generally pretty horrible.

I don't watch tv much, but when I do I watch Scrubs and Family Guy.

Two of my favorites. :cool:

as far as TV goes i mostly just watch dvd's... like Rome and stuff like that... and of course i like the unnecessarily vulgar cartoons like family guy... good stuff :p

There's this adult-themed cartoon about a family of lions, I keep forgetting the name(something with the word "pride" in it.) I don't catch it often enough, unfortunately. Pretty great show.

Cheers for the recs, checking out a few of them now. I've been meaning to check out The West Wing for ages, will have to get on it. Also been meaning to check out Dexter and Mad Men.

Oh my word Skins is so bad. I want to kill everyone involved with that show... apart from Simon Amstell, he's hilarious, love Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

I haven't seen Never Mind The Buzzcocks, just watched a youtube clip and it looks good.

What did Simon Amstell do in Skins? I had high hopes for that show because I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Shameless, but they really got it wrong bigtime. Bad acting, terrible plot holes and laughable storylines.

Speaking of comedy, have you or anyone else been watching the new series of Peep Show? (I seem to remember you saying you were a fan, though I may have imagined it). The latest episode was probably the greatest yet.

No not me, I haven't seen it. I'll check it out.

Satanstoenail, you might like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's a black comedy on FX and it's hilarious (I think).

Hmm looks interesting, cheers.

I'd also suggest Arrested Development.

Yeah I've seen it, love that show.