The Official Good Television Thread

Just finished Ken Burns' The West for the first time and man, just so damn good. And my American arrogance makes me think that no other (western) country puts their past on blast as much as we do. maybe i'm wrong, but other than the holocaust we get nuttin'

Just finished Ken Burns' The West for the first time and man, just so damn good. And my American arrogance makes me think that no other (western) country puts their past on blast as much as we do. maybe i'm wrong, but other than the holocaust we get nuttin'

Check out the Vietnam one next. I still need to finish The Civil War

watched vietnam live and done civil war twice, got books laying on my shelf to read for that. gonna try prohibition next, i think

Muscling my way back through DS9. Some of the episodes are forgettable but the ones that are good are REALLY good. “The Visitor” might be one of the best Star Trek episodes of all time.

Muscling my way back through DS9. Some of the episodes are forgettable but the ones that are good are REALLY good. “The Visitor” might be one of the best Star Trek episodes of all time.

DS9 is probably the most underrated Trek franchise. The more I watch it, the more I enjoy it. It may be tied with TNG if i really had to break it down. I need to watch them back to back again and see how I feel after that.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
It’s great. It kinda “feels” like TNG, which is what I love about it. Especially when Worf comes into the series.

It’s great. It kinda “feels” like TNG, which is what I love about it. Especially when Worf comes into the series.

It's more a continuation of the themes that TNG presented. This one is more driven by the interpersonal relationships that develop among a close group of people. TNG was more of an exploration of humanity than anything else.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
I can definitely see that. I love Odo and Quark’s relationship (because they hate each other). Such amusing dialogue.

Tried to watch the British series Terror a few weeks ago but really couldn't get in to it so gave up and started watching Castle Rock