The Official Good Television Thread

Amazon is in talks to take over the show as Jeff Bezo’s apparently a fan.

I’m catching up on the new season of Westworld. I started off a bit wonky, but episode 4 was fantastic. Maybe even the best one of both seasons

Reactions: Einherjar86
So, SyFy fucking cancelled The Expanse. I get the reasons why (has to do with the licensing agreement), but it's a serious loss, and will likely be a major gain for whatever streaming service decides to pick the show up. I'm sure one of them will, it has a loyal and substantial following.

Officially has been picked up by Amazon

Season 2 of Goliath sucked. Season 1 was great.

Struggling through Luke Cage s2. Seems Daredevil and Punisher are the only worthwhile Marvel/Netflix shows.

Money Heist on Netflix was really good.

Ten seasons into my binge of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which I was introduced to last year. Best comedy ever, except classic Simpsons but that's basically cheating. Just watched the game show episode and my throat hurts from choking on the food I was eating.

i don't think i could handle that much of it in a row lol, love it though. 2003-2005 spawned a lot of great comedy for some reason: IASiP, arrested development, the thick of it, peep show, nathan barley, extras etc. i need to watch the venture bros and moral orel from that era too.

The Expanse is great!

Not sure how far you are (no spoilers, don't worry), but I'm seriously impressed with how they've managed to keep a steady and exciting pace throughout nearly three seasons. I was worried for the season two slump, but the show actually got better.

Hopefully they can keep it up for the season three finale tomorrow night. Hope you keep enjoying!

I did 1.5 episodes of it after you guys raved about it and it just didn't give off any worthwhile vibes. but everyone keeps raving about it so i'll give it another go shortly

Ive finished s2 of The Expanse. It's good for a filler while Im waiting on other shows to become available.

Still waiting on Mr. Robot s3 to be free on Amazon.

I did 1.5 episodes of it after you guys raved about it and it just didn't give off any worthwhile vibes. but everyone keeps raving about it so i'll give it another go shortly

The first few episodes are mainly world-building. It takes around 4-5 episodes before the show really gets you invested in any of the characters (imo)

I'm not up to date but I've seen around half of season 3. I gotta say,

The mutiny episode was fucking fantastic

The first few episodes are mainly world-building. It takes around 4-5 episodes before the show really gets you invested in any of the characters (imo)

I think this is probably accurate. The first few episodes also really throw you into the midst of things without much context (other than the opening explanatory lines). I definitely had to do some online reading to keep track of who/what/where everything was.

But yeah, I think that the narrative pace begins to pick up about halfway through the first season, along with more rounded characterization.

I'm not up to date but I've seen around half of season 3. I gotta say,

The mutiny episode was fucking fantastic

Agreed.

About 70% through. This documentary makes me angry and depressed at the same time but it is still a very good documentary:

ken-burns-the-vietnam-war-dvd.jpg

Finished Expanse s03. Great season.

Ashford is my favorite non-Amos character. I love how he toes the line between "dangerous psychopath" and "kooky uncle". I hope he has an important role in the seasons to come.

Watching Diogo get slammed by the elevator was sooo satisfying.

A little convenient how every character who was at any point in mortal danger seems to have made it just fine.

Reactions: Einherjar86
Yeah, definitely a good finale.

I'm not a huge fan of the multiplicity of worlds bestowed upon humans plot, but I am excited to see what the hell killed off the proto-molecule creators...