The Official Good Television Thread

Late to the conversation, but I thought the season was good overall, with the only truly bad episode being the finale. I definitely don’t think a happy ending fits the mood of the show

I had a theory leading up to the finale that Wayne’s daughter had died, specifically that the kidnapper had done it. This was because his son and daughter in law seemed so squirmy when he asked about his daughter at the dinner table as they were clearly lying about her status/whereabouts. I personally think that if they had written it so that Wayne tried to make a move despite the warning from big bad limo guy (name escapes me) and gotten caught and lost his daughter as a consequence. Then in his dementia-riddled reinvestigation he’d rediscover that his daughter died because of him, and that his wife eventually committed suicide because of her death (with/without knowledge of Wayne’s hand in it). That would have been a dark and twisted end to the story that a sadistic evil fuck like me would have enjoyed. I want that sinking uneasy feeling like a Black Mirror provides

yeah, there were so many cool and haunting ways they could’ve used his dementia. i agree on the ending too, although the epilogue of s1 left me feeling the same way, seems to just be a trait of the show.

it's not really a great comedy so much as an amazing drama. probably the most desperately depressing 'comedy' there's ever been. a big portion of the first season sucks though so no point judging it off that.

it's not really a great comedy so much as an amazing drama. probably the most desperately depressing 'comedy' there's ever been. a big portion of the first season sucks though so no point judging it off that.

Seriously. The later seasons are fucking bleak.

his question was ‘how?’, you drooling drug-addled retard

mfbies1lqrjp9snpddku.png

I've been watching A Handmaid's Tale and finished season one, and I thought it was very interesting. I do need to watch TD season 3. I couldn't even finish season 2 because I was completely disappointed with it. But it's cool that everyone loves the third season. Also I do need to watch the new season of Better Call Saul. It's not anywhere (netflix, hulu, or amazon prime) so that means I need to dl it and I get lazy dling stuff because what the hell am i paying all these subscriptions for. I also started watching Russian Doll because everyone on fb raved about it. It seems OK for now. I'm weird with comedy. Unless it's a cartoon (or not really supposed to be funny but ends up funny i.e. Nicholas Cage), I'm a bit skeptical. But will give it a fair chance anyways.

I'd watch all of season one if only for the drug trip episode (which I think is the penultimate one). It really sets the tone of existential doubt and depression that comes in hard for the rest of the series.

i'd say yes, as it's a pretty self-referential show. if you decide you can't be fucked though, you should skip to the one ein mentions rather than abandoning it completely. that is definitely where shit starts to get real.

Holy crap Lisa is young in that video still.
20 years on and I still wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting!

Reactions: CiG
Yeah a long time ago.
It's funny how even if we don't watch TV shows we still know characters. That movie completely fucked the Harold Bishop image that Ian Smith pretty much played forever.

It goes both ways too. Look at some of the women in Prisoner, see them on TV today and you just expect them to be playing a dyke, or holding a shiv behind their back.

It's the original bitch kill bitch series. A lot of it is pretty tame compared to what they can do on TV these days and Wenthworth kind of addresses the graphic violence and swearing side of things these days but the characters they created in Prisoner were savage at times.