The Official Good Television Thread

I call bullshit on that too, b/c books 4 and 5 pretty much suck. If I were asked to choose between books and show, I'd go with show. At least it actually has a narrative that moves forward.

The first three books were quality fantasy though, it's too bad the last two took a turn. They're basically doorstops in which nothing much happens.

This was one of my favorite GoT episodes in a long time. A full hour of character moments and camaraderie, things I've generally found the show lacking in. Some of them were a bit half-baked like

Tyrion and Jaime chatting by the fire and Tyrion casually mentioning he wishes their father was there as if he hadn't fucking committed patricide and Jaime not batting an eye? That rang false.

but on the whole, I thought it was a fantastic episode.

I mean, GoT isn't out to reinvent the wheel or anything.

...it's out to break the wheel.

Emilia-Clarke.gif

Not to mention that some of the reunions and meetings in this episode have been built up for countless seasons.

For instance, Theon and Jaime returning to Winterfell and pledging themselves to the defense of the north are the partial culminations of redemption arcs literally 6 or 7 seasons in the making.

If you're so uninvested in these characters that this means nothing to you, how the hell did you make it all the way to season 8?

no idea, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a character's arc and couldn't wait to see it play out over so many episodes. waiting to see how this damn ends and it's so cliche that it aggravates me

I mean, GoT isn't out to reinvent the wheel or anything.

...it's out to break the wheel.

I always wondered if women get upset that they are lumped in with the fat and ignored for this show :lol:

Anyone here watch The Deuce? It's David Simon newest show and I haven't heard anything about it. I signed up for HBO and found it while browsing. I didn't watch it yet but I'll probably get around to it when I'm done with Veep.