The Official Good Television Thread

the people on the bloodbath forum think that this final season of GoT sucks so far and that the series finale will also suck

i'm actually enjoying it quite a bit atm. i've watched to the end of season 3 (the red wedding etc) and a little of season 4, and obviously some Shit Got Real and some of the characters are getting fleshed out and becoming more interesting. there's still some lame stuff in there as well (almost everything involving daenerys for example, 3+ seasons of nothing but cheesy, generic origin-story setup is a bit much even if it gets paid off big time down the line) but it's at a lower ratio now. hope it continues!

tumblr_inline_oc4on1LY5s1r5p2sp_1280.jpg

Reactions: CiG
"My girl Brienne outside in a housecoat. I hate dick. That's what dick does. It has you outside in the cold ass North in a housecoat asking a one handed dude where he's going."

black twitter gonna make the rest of this season worth it :lol:

Unimportant brown female character dies.

Internet outrages.

Internet kinda ignores the ten million plot holes in the episode otherwise.

really, Euron killed a dragon? from miles away, sailing on a ship while shooting a ballista, bulls eyeing him three times. And hey there Dani, your conversation with Cersei was a really goddamn bad idea. You were outnumbered hundreds to one and your last dragon is obviously of little to no help. Your guys without balls all had spears while hundreds of archers and ballista were poised to fire on you

Also, the Starbucks cup.

Last edited:
i'm actually enjoying it quite a bit atm. i've watched to the end of season 3 (the red wedding etc) and a little of season 4, and obviously some Shit Got Real and some of the characters are getting fleshed out and becoming more interesting. there's still some lame stuff in there as well (almost everything involving daenerys for example, 3+ seasons of nothing but cheesy, generic origin-story setup is a bit much even if it gets paid off big time down the line) but it's at a lower ratio now. hope it continues!

Unfortunately it doesn't imo. Season 1-4 were the peaks of the show for me. Season 5 is the low-point and it picks up a bit again after that. I fucking love Oberyn, one of my fave characters and he's representing the bisexuals. I also really like Varys.

Last edited:
Season 5 has that epic and dirty fight sequence between Grey Worm, Barristan Selmy and the Sons of the Harpy which was easily one of my favourite moments ever. Also Cersei's walk through the city was... pretty fucking visceral.

Yeah, definitely has some highlights. But then there’s the whole Arya arc that drags on forever.

The latest episode was full of cringey moments. But that ending was hilarious.

I honestly forgot where I was in Game of Thrones so I restarted the series and am up to season three. Good show. Books are better. Not much to say about it other than that.

on season 4 atm. is it me or is aidan gillen almost unwatchably bad in this? i usually like him but he's incredibly distracting here. even his irish accent, which he drifts in and out of, sounds fake as hell... and he's fucking irish.

i was thinking about which character i'd like to see a spin off about and bronn came to mind. robson green can play his sidekick.

Give me the childhood story of Hound and Mountain, I think.

Apparently the spin-offs are about House Targaryen 300 years prior (starring Naomi Watts), The Long Night (a white walker origin story set during the Age of Heroes) and another not yet revealed series.

Last edited: