The Official Good Television Thread

but of course
Walt's diagnosis of being terminal is what makes Heisenberg able to come out
without Walt finding out he was terminal, Walt's life would have continued to be the mediocrity thing
if Walt was terminal without ever finding out about it and his terminal condition just killed him in his sleep without him ever knowing that death was "coming soon" then "Heisenberg" would never have been anything more than just a voice in Walter's head
and watching the last 5 years of Walter's life would have been the most boring TV show ever
but clearly the producers were doing a series-arc with Walt dying having been scheduled as the big-event-of-the-series-finale from the moment of filming the first episode, because if Walter's death wasn't a pre-determined event in the pre-planned-series-finale, then the "trigger-event" that creates Heisenberg would have just been something different than Walt finding out he's terminal

i mean, duh
you guys are all idiots for not seeing this instantly

what i'm saying here
is that walt dying in the series finale should have been totally fucking obvious to EVERYONE when they first saw the fist episode

the only fucking reason i even STARTED talking about breaking bad was because of someone saying they were surprised when walt died in the series finale, like they'd somehow forgotten about walt even having the cancer or something

the only fucking reason i even STARTED talking about breaking bad was because of someone saying they were surprised when walt died in the series finale, like they'd somehow forgotten about walt even having the cancer or something

nobody said this or anything like it, you completely hallucinated it. this is why everyone keeps telling you to put a sock in it.

Reactions: CiG
nobody said this or anything like it, you completely hallucinated it. this is why everyone keeps telling you to put a sock in it.
I'm willing to admit that this might have just been me somehow misreading something when a ton of separate people were all making posts about the series finale

i still stand by my thought though
walt-was-gonna-die-in-the-series-finale was something that should have been completely-totally-fucking-obvious to EVERYONE when they first saw the first episode

the problem with "the handmaid's tale" is it really should have been a movie instead of a show

the first scene is the pregnant one finding out that she really is for sure pregnant
the last scene is her giving birth
with political upheaval happening during the pregnancy
i just now re-read book "The handmaid's Tale" and now i'm again thinking this thing should have been a movie
there have been alot of chick-lit books where the woman finds out she's pregnant on the first page and gives birth on the last page
and a bunch of these books got made into made-for-TV chick-flick movies on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifetime_(TV_network)

and now after just now re-reading the book
i think it really could have been one of these made-for-TV Lifetime-Network movies
but also with the popularity of the Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogy
i think that the plot of Offred figuring out she's pregnant as the first scene and giving birth as the last scene
could actually have even been made into a good-at-the-box-office theatrically-released-movie,
considering the weird dystopian future world of the story

i just now re-read book "The handmaid's Tale" and now i'm again thinking this thing should have been a movie
there have been alot of chick-lit books where the woman finds out she's pregnant on the first page and gives birth on the last page
and a bunch of these books got made into made-for-TV chick-flick movies on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifetime_(TV_network)

and now after just now re-reading the book
i think it really could have been one of these made-for-TV Lifetime-Network movies
but also with the popularity of the Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogy
i think that the plot of Offred figuring out she's pregnant as the first scene and giving birth as the last scene
could actually have even been made into a good-at-the-box-office theatrically-released-movie,
considering the weird dystopian future world of the story

There is a movie dickhead.

i'm an American and i completely forgot this movie existed
even though after reading the cast-list i think i may have actually seen this movie once-or-twice
and while this movie might something that random Australians or random Europeans might clearly remember
I'm completely totally convinced that most of the specific Americans who are hardcore fans of the Hulu series
have completely forgotten that it was a 1990 movie, the same as i did

and i still think that because of the popularity the Hunger Games movies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
and the Divergent Trilogy (2014, 2015, 2016)
The Handmaid's Tale being a 2017 theatrically-released movie could have done decent at the box-office

Anyone here watch How to with John Wilson? Been laughing my ass off watching it recently, some similar vibes to Nathan for You(Fielder is the executive producer)

I guess I enjoyed Mare of Easttown but it has not held up for me at all. I came across it in a "best TV series' of 2021" list and it was the first time in months I remembered I'd even watched it. Convincing performances and all but nothing there to sink your teeth into.

Thinking back on it more, I suspect the finale killed the series for me. Too much convenient smoothing over of thorny interpersonal relationships.

I'll click that spoiler once I've finished the series.

Recently got myself side-tracked again. Renewed my Disney+ finally and I decided to rewatch season 1 of The Mandalorian. Almost done with that though, such a good watch. Then I plan to immediately watch the 2nd season, but I also bought season 6 and 7 of Game of Thrones and I plan to watch those while also watching Mare of Easttown and slowly rewatching Breaking Bad (I'm at the start of season 5) and hopefully in the meantime more episodes of The Book of Boba Fett come out so I can start that...

It's crazy.

Unavailable over here unfortunately. I could just use a VPN but it's fine, the Game of Thrones blu rays I bought were found thrifting, they weren't brand new. Like $5 each.

Reactions: rms
Binged the fuck out of Yellowjackets before the season finale. Nasty ass show, with all the best bits of Lost combined with some zany True Detective-ish vibes. It's also heavy on the '90s nostalgia, which is fun.

200w.gif

Now watching Archive 81, which is enjoyable albeit has some bad acting lol. The story is good enough to stick with for now though.

Archive81_Season1_Episode6_00_02_26_14R.jpg