The Official Good Television Thread

In keeping with watching whatever you lot of aficionados don't I watched S1 and 2 of Only Murders In The Building with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez

Wasn't quite back to back, but yeah I was pleasantly surprised by it and I'm looking forward to S3 when it's made.

Reactions: CiG
Finally checking out Succession and I gotta say, I don't think I could get through this show without doing housework at the same time. Boring show about unbearable people. No idea what people see in this.

Finally checking out Succession and I gotta say, I don't think I could get through this show without doing housework at the same time. Boring show about unbearable people. No idea what people see in this.
after the first season I really thought it went all in on sympathy for that shitty family too. lame ass show

I'm behind the times as usual but I was reading today they have made a series out of True Lies.

Season finale of The Last of Us was... kinda lame. Pretty uneven show all around.

I can appreciate that the fungal apocalypse takes something of a backseat (a la The Walking Dead, eventually the zombies become window dressing), but it felt like the show introduced some elements that warranted a follow-through that never materialized.

for example, what the fuck was that fucking cordyceps beast that came out of the ground in episode 4 or 5? why introduce that and then do nothing with it? I've never played the game, so I'm a noob on this, but still... felt like a lot of wasted content.

The vibe I got from the show was that they didn't expect it to be as successful as it was, and so they wrote it hoping to cram as much shit as possible into what will probably be the only season. Hence the non-cliffhanger ending imo.

If you played the game you'd see how much time gets skipped episode to episode, or even within a single episode. The big creature is a Bloater and that whole episode felt like a budget buster, which would explain why all the other episodes feel pretty empty.

The writers have said the next season will have a shitload more infected, and there'll definitely be more than 2 seasons.