The official 'QUESTIONS TO THE BAND' thread

BalanceofPower said:
To any member- How do you guys work with Lance? If you come up with a song idea, do you email him parts of the song, or have some kind of "webcam rehearsal"?

I Think Michael answered this one fine, it's really not that hard of a process when you've been recording and engineering as long as I have, in fact it's the same process I used in Balance of Power and for the new brazilian SHINING STAR album coming out this month!

The band sends me the music bed on disc I import the stuff into the format
that I'm using at the time (Now pro-tools) In the BOP days it was all on hard disc recorder or ADAT.

Then I record my parts!
Lance
:headbang:

Pyramaze51 said:
WEll, Micheal we are promoting PYRAMAZE for PPVII we hope it happens, you guys would really be great there. Oh yeah the new song on the NIGHTMARE sampler is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Also Question for Jonah?? Hey man when you coming out here, the BBQ is waiting and so are the ladies. see ya soon i hope

John

Nice Pic John, where did you get the shot of the band in France?
Lance

am_ash2 said:
Another question for all: What was your most embarassing moment on stage?

Hmmm - I guess for me it was at our MB release party in Denmark. I was close to the 'climax' of the solo in Until We Fade Away, and then I hit the very last tone in that solo totally wrong :-( Kind of took the glory away - at least that's how I felt.

:devil:

PyramazeGuitar said:
We hope so, but it's not really up to us. It's up to the promoters who run the festivals. Right now we are planning concerts in Germany and Denmark for next summer, and hopefully we will get some offers from fests in the states too.

Well how about I pay you guys to play my birthday

am_ash2 said:
Another question for all: What was your most embarassing moment on stage?

I don't think anyone in the audience noticed it, but i was playing a keyboard solo and morten's symbols fell on my head. I felt like crying naked in the corner while being sprayed with ice cold water from a garden hose.

edgeofthorns said:
To any of the band members that feel so inclined to answer my question:

What were some of your main influences, musically?

children of bodom, hans zimmer, in flames, soilwork, disarmonia mundi, danny elfman, bach, scar symmetry, mannheim steamroller, george winston and many more
-j

pyramazekeyboardist said:
children of bodom, hans zimmer, in flames, soilwork, disarmonia mundi, danny elfman, bach, scar symmetry, mannheim steamroller, george winston and many more
-j

That's diverse! It surprises me that you like Mannheim Steamroller! I can't get into them at all. I do love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra though. Danny Elfman is awesome! What's your favorite movie score from him? I believe mine is Sleepy Hollow.

edgeofthorns said:
That's diverse! It surprises me that you like Mannheim Steamroller! I can't get into them at all. I do love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra though. Danny Elfman is awesome! What's your favorite movie score from him? I believe mine is Sleepy Hollow.

mine too ;)

Just joined the forum and have a couple of questions for you fellows:

1. Is there any real way to get hold of those breathtaking 'Melancholy Beast' T- Shirts? Apparently they are all sold out so is there really no chance of getting a hold of one? :( It'd feel great to roam the streets wearing one..that's all. heh.

2. Any plans of tour locations yet after the new album is released? And if so would the u.k have any chance of being among those plans..? It would be great to have you guys down here.

Finally, I'd like to congratulate you on creating something truly special within your music. It's hard to describe it in words, but it's such a powerful, wonderful emotion. There is just something wonderfully epic about the music you make, yet nothing overblown or forced. Golden stuff. Keep up the good work.

Fanboyish ramble over/

ManOfMusic said:
Just joined the forum and have a couple of questions for you fellows:

1. Is there any real way to get hold of those breathtaking 'Melancholy Beast' T- Shirts? Apparently they are all sold out so is there really no chance of getting a hold of one? :( It'd feel great to roam the streets wearing one..that's all. heh.

2. Any plans of tour locations yet after the new album is released? And if so would the u.k have any chance of being among those plans..? It would be great to have you guys down here.

Finally, I'd like to congratulate you on creating something truly special within your music. It's hard to describe it in words, but it's such a powerful, wonderful emotion. There is just something wonderfully epic about the music you make, yet nothing overblown or forced. Golden stuff. Keep up the good work.

Fanboyish ramble over/

Hi dude!

Thanks for your nice words - it's highly appreciated.

As Daybreaker mentioned, you should be able to order them at Nightmare Records or The End records. I know Nightmare don't have any in stock right now, but they are being produced as we speak. However if you don't feel like waiting I still have a small tour stock at my place. Let me know your size, and I'll check if I still have one that fits. You can get it for 8 pounds + shipping. So my guess is a total price of around 10-11 pounds.

Let me know if I can help you, or if you want to wait for Nightmare to restock.

There's no plan for a real tour at this point, but we will play some festivals next year. If we touch down on British soil remains to be seen.

Best,

Michael Kammeyer

PyramazeGuitar said:
Hi dude!

Thanks for your nice words - it's highly appreciated.

As Daybreaker mentioned, you should be able to order them at Nightmare Records or The End records. I know Nightmare don't have any in stock right now, but they are being produced as we speak. However if you don't feel like waiting I still have a small tour stock at my place. Let me know your size, and I'll check if I still have one that fits. You can get it for 8 pounds + shipping. So my guess is a total price of around 10-11 pounds.

Let me know if I can help you, or if you want to wait for Nightmare to restock.

There's no plan for a real tour at this point, but we will play some festivals next year. If we touch down on British soil remains to be seen.

Best,

Michael Kammeyer

I would be Eternally greatful if you could possibly send me a Medium sized shirt somehow..if needs be a Large sized would do as I'm not gonna lie to ya, I am an impatient guy, heh.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply my friend.:)

*puts on Souls Of Pain for the fourth time today* :worship:

ManOfMusic said:
I would be Eternally greatful if you could possibly send me a Medium sized shirt somehow..if needs be a Large sized would do as I'm not gonna lie to ya, I am an impatient guy, heh.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply my friend.:)

*puts on Souls Of Pain for the fourth time today* :worship:

Hi there!

Alright - I will ship the shirt tomorrow, but I need some address info and stuff.
Please send me a mail to: michael@pyramaze.com with your contact information. Then I'll mail you back with an address to which you can send the money.

Oh - and that song is called 'Souls IN Pain' - not 'Souls OF Pain' :D

Best,

Michael.