The Official Reveries news

If that IS Travis SMith - he is GOD!

Seriously, if that truly is going to be the cover, then it WILL be Opeth's best cover yet...by FAR!

The candles, why the hell didn't I think of it??? :worship: That's perfection!

And yes, I too think "Atonement" will definitely be a short instrumental along the lines of For Absent Friend's or Patterns.

Ghost of perdition - Eerie with lots of dynamics in volume
The baying of the hounds - Brutal, fast, long
Beneath the mire - Very heavy, midtempo, a more short song
Atonement - again not too long, maye in the vein of Benighted?
Reverie/Harlequin forest - very long, Reverie= psychedelic instrumental foreplay, Harlequin forest - folkish sounding
Hours of wealth - Maybe a heavy song without growling
The grand conjuration - Opeth as we know them
Isolation years - Damnation-like closing song

amazing news! I can't wait. Track list sounds great... somehow it takes me back to the Still Life days; this will kick some major ass, seriously.

That cover makes me think Deliverance, merged with Still Life, with a touch of MAYH thrown in for good measure. Hahahahah and it makes the fake-covers look amazingly amateurish.

*clears a spot in my cd collection for the new album*

that cover makes travis look like a child in finger painting class.

i love it. best opeth album cover yet.

(EDIT): unless travis actually did this cover...then i have a whole new respect for him.

NineFeetUnderground said:
that cover makes travis look like a child in finger painting class.
i love it. best opeth album cover yet.
(EDIT): unless travis actually did this cover...then i have a whole new respect for him.

Trav DID do the cover. and it IS pretty friggin' sweet. :headbang:

Out.:devil:

P.S.
Thanks to all for getting in the positive spirit for once and not looking for something to rip on about the cover or the number of songs or the titles or whatever.. It's like a refreshing breath of icy cold positivity blew new life into the board. :) It just made this good news so much better!

daimonion said:
Someone should put the logo and albumtitle on. I don't have any good paintprograms to do it myself.

Hmm... come to think of it: perhaps this is how its supposed to look like.

realcover1yx.jpg