The Official WANT thread

ESP guitars are a massive bag of dicks (ESPECIALLY the low end ones), it's got sod all to do with where they were constructed. never said you were a beginner either, butthe fact that you've been playing a low end ESP V makes me almost feel sorry for you :lol:

And for the record, the word smexy makes me fly into a murderous rage. just don't say it again, or I'll kick you in the e-nuts.

well then, tell me why you have a massive grudge against esp. i have tried the ones like the high end esp v and the eclipse, both exceptional in craftsmanship & sound. however, i still want the Jackson, as i really like the black ghost flames instead of boring black or white. but still, esp's high end models are awesome in my opinion, although i will admit they cost a little more than a Jackson.

I'm also wondering about your hate ESP, care to explain? I played on an ESP Viper at a showroom about 5-6 years ago and was quite impressed with the tone, but I didn't like the feel of the neck. For the record my axes at home are a B.C. Rich Warlock and a Gibson Les Paul.

ESP are essentially Jackson without the substance. They're more expensive for what you get (500 for a Jackson Pro series, whereas something of a similar quality from ESP will set you back about 700) and they seem to have a dreadful habit of putting EMG pikckups in everything - and EMG pickups are fucking dire in comparison to Seymour Duncans (yes, I've used various models with both brands)... and frankly, the necks are some of the worst I've ever played. Chunkier than an elephant's fucking trunk. And don't even get me started on some of those pants-on-head retarded body shapes... ESP are a bunch of con artists aimed at 12 year olds who think metalcore is the best thing in the world.

/rant.

seriously? well, explain to me why bands like metallica, megadeth, lamb of god, slayer etc have used esp in the past? they certainly aint '12 year olds who thing metal-core is the best thing in the world'. and you think esp's are expensive? LOL take a long hard look at Gibson mate. there probably the most overrated and overpriced guitar company ever, with the thickest necks ever. there quality is also much shittier than esp & Jackson , considering the high price you pay for it. and the esp necks are one of the thinnest I have played, comparable to the Jackson's. and there are esp models with the option for Seymour Duncans... -_-'

seriously? well, explain to me why bands like metallica, megadeth, lamb of god, slayer etc have used esp in the past? they certainly aint '12 year olds who thing metal-core is the best thing in the world'. and you think esp's are expensive? LOL take a long hard look at Gibson mate. there probably the most overrated and overpriced guitar company ever, with the thickest necks ever. there quality is also much shittier than esp & Jackson , considering the high price you pay for it. and the esp necks are one of the thinnest I have played, comparable to the Jackson's. and there are esp models with the option for Seymour Duncans... -_-'

There's no point in arguing with Dave... he'll win.

I'll agree with him that Gibson are a bit shit too. But the fact that h had to reel off the whole 'Metallica, Lamb of God, megadeth and Slayer used these guitars' arguement has caused me a lot of pain in my sides, and possibly a brain tumor as well so I'm choosing to end this ridiculous debate right away before I cause my sides to explode with laughter :lol:

lol, im guessing you 'almost feel sorry for them' because they used esp and they dont deserve the guitars they have now? XD

lol wasn't taking it seriously, was just having a debate. although i bet your gonna contradict what i just said

You're*

And then suddenly...

1308358399291.jpg