The Official WANT thread

Collection wise, there are three types of formats for Spawn at the moment.

1 : The Origins paperbacks. Six issues per.
2 : The Origins hardcovers. 12 issues per.
3 : The out-of-print Spawn Collection volumes. 20~ish issues per.

The hardcover ones are the best I think. The collection ones are better, but may be a bit pricey.

As long as they wouldn't change anything (new characters, new quests etc) but the graphics, I would love to see a remake of 7.

I agree AND disagree - new quests, items, spells, weapons, armour, accessories, bosses, cutscenes and a new translation would be near enough mandatory in order to improve upon the original... so long as none of said quests or bosses were enforced in normal playthrough (i.e. they were optional).

If they literally just redid the graphics, threw in some voice acting and did a swift fix of the bugs in the original then it wouldn't be worthwhile.

When you said Hardcover/paperback did you mean 2 copies of each or just some in paper and some in hardcover?

Nah, I've got Origins hardcover vol.1 and then the Spawn Collections vols. 2-5. Such a shame they stopped there. Decent cliffhanger, with no solution. :lol:

I agree AND disagree - new quests, items, spells, weapons, armour, accessories, bosses, cutscenes and a new translation would be near enough mandatory in order to improve upon the original... so long as none of said quests or bosses were enforced in normal playthrough (i.e. they were optional).

If they literally just redid the graphics, threw in some voice acting and did a swift fix of the bugs in the original then it wouldn't be worthwhile.

That's a little my point. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. In my opinion, FF6 and FF7 are perfect and shouldn't be "fixed". So if they decide to make a remake of it, I think they should just redo the graphics. But since Squarenix are the biggest cashwhores in videogame-business, that's probably not what will happen.

Far from perfect. Do you have any idea how many translation errors, bugs, glitches and monumental cockups there are in FFVII? Even in FFVI there're some mindblowingly dreadful glitches to be found (the infamous Vanish-Doom bug comes to mind) so that shit would need to be fixed. but in fixing these bugs, FFVII would be made infinitely easier and therefore they'd need to make it more difficult.

Are you getting the pattern? It's like a domino effect. Also, bear in mind that they'd need to completely redo the game from scratch - they can't just give the original a new lick of paint like that *snaps fingers* due to the technology advancements.

^Ok, perfect was the wrong word to use. What I meant to say was: I can't imagine anything making those games better, and that is why I don't want them adding anything. Just my opinion though. But I understand your points. Fixing bugs and glitches is one thing, but adding characters and quests, and changing some plots to make the new things fit, is another. That is what I'm afraid of them doing if they would do the remake.
But if they add them as extra stuff after you've killed Sephiroth (like in the re-release of Chrono Trigger for DS, when you've killed Lavos, you unlock some extra stuff), I'm fine with that.

As far as the "vanish - doom" bug, I always thought of it as a, for a lack of better word, "secret" way of making it alot easier. Much like throwing phoenix down on undead enemies will kill them right away.

The Vanish-Doom bug was a full-on glitch - when 'Vanish' is cast, it overrides everything including immunties to spells like Doom, which it's not supposed to do. It was an error in the programming. The whole Phoenix Down thing is very much intended on the other hand.

Admittedly, certain events in FFVII have been epanded upon in the Compilation titles, but actually adding characters and changing plots to make stuff fit? You're worrying about scenarios that'd never happen in reality. Some new (optional) quests would be mandatory to improve longevity, since there'd be little point of playing a remake if it didn't have some added gameplay value - a lick of paint won't cut it. Adding in new stuff after the final boss would be pointless too (simply because of the ending), though maybe a New Game + feature would be good so long as it made things a bit tougher on that particular playthrough. Back to that initial point though, in terms of changing the story you'd have nothing to worry about - some stuff has been retconned to a certain degree, but not to the point where it's ridiculous (and besides, most of them occur before the game itself in terms of chronology) so I'd say you'd have nothing to fear.

471826355_o.jpg

471826340_o.jpg

Thinking about getting that. £12 including postage, what do you guys think?