The only thing gigantic about GIGANTOUR is the ticket price!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Just saw in the paper that tickets for GIGANTOUR @ the Aragon are $45 to $50..........

Sorry Lemmy, maybe some other time.

Dave Mustaine, go bite off.

Can't say I'm surprised. Either one by themselves (motorhead or Megadeth) are probably $35 and considering the rest of the bill, seems about right I guess. I think $40 would've been a better price though.

I dont see an issue with that price. I paid 75 bucks to see Rata Blanca there.

How can you possibly compare the logistics of a touring package to a one-off festival that pulls from bands which are primarily ALL from outside the US, and all from different genres of music?

Come on Bob. You know more about booking shows than that.

Well, you have a point there. For the Aragon it definitely is too much. Then again, I've never gone to the Aragon.

Wow, you have to at least see ONE show in your lifetime if you are from Chicago. While the sound there REALLY sucks, it is a very nice looking room.

I will always be nostalgiac for the ARAGON, as it hosted some of the best shows I have ever seen. It's actually the reason I was semi-interested in this show in the first place.

I am going to wait though until I see how long of a set Motorhead gets.

How can you possibly compare the logistics of a touring package to a one-off festival that pulls from bands which are primarily ALL from outside the US, and all from different genres of music?

Come on Bob. You know more about booking shows than that.

I am just not a whinny beotch about show prices. 50 bucks is nothing for that show. It isnt like 1 headliner and 3 locals.

LOL!
Well, the difference is that every extra penny you have after expenses goes to the BOB BYRNE - "Livin the bachelor life" fund.
That's not the truth for most people (Well, maybe Simon)

Yeah, I do agree that the tour has 4 headlining quality bands, but for the ARAGON that seems high

If I cared about seeing Megadeth, I would be viewing this more as a double bill.
Then $50 may not seem that bad