The Opeth-ian trinity

99% of my posts are on the Kayo Dot/motW forum. Many folks there are friends of the band who have *nothing* to do with Metal.

And I think you're just being an uptight elitist. "Everyone" might know Opeth but I mostly listen to things like Swans, Especially Likely Sloth, and Aqua so most Metal's way outside my realm.

I don't find Greg Giraldo funny or socially relevant so the lazyboy single never grabbed me enough to get me that into the project. Now Aquairus makes me rethink that because it really does have some ingenious bit on there!

This isn't a joke... it's just somebody who has come to Opeth from a non-metal background - thats the beauty of a band with such diverse style.

Btw - i just discovered kayo dot/maudlin of the well. Definately worth checking out if you like less heavy music.

Ooo, and this is my first post, hey everyone. I thought it was about time i stopped lurking without making a contribution :)

You know a lot about Metal but have only managed to make 47 posts on a Metal forum?

Yeah, i am the god of metal. So i dont need to have 2500 posts to prove my metalness. It just comes naturally with me. :Spin:

kleo706 said:
What you're totally missing is I'm an evangelist and 4500 of these posts were at Black Metal fans to try and convert them to the path of Christ.

Did you have any luck converting ANY of them?

kleo706 said:
I don't find Greg Giraldo funny or socially relevant so the lazyboy single never grabbed me enough to get me that into the project. Now Aquairus makes me rethink that because it really does have some ingenious bit on there!

I think the lazyboy album is great, not my kind of music, but its really clever and is a lot of proof that Aqua were more than a mindless pop band. There was a lot of brains behind that band, and Lazyboy is the perfect extention of that! Rene and Lene's solo careers are... just fun pop music really!