''THE'' poll - Best metal album EVER.

Best metal album EVER!

• Total voters
Symbolic is clearly Death's best album.

That was the closest to disproving my point for sure. I'm not really sure what Death's best album is imo, but I don't really care about them much in general so it didn't matter.

There's almost nothing interesting about Symbolic, and nothing by Megadeth deserves to be within a hundred miles of any 'best of.'

Because you only listen to ground breaking albums?

Between the depth of the lyrics and the excellent death metal with technical flourishes, whats not to like. Was it groundbreaking? No. Was it the most complete, mature musical package Chuck Schuldiner made? Yes.

Because you only listen to ground breaking albums?

No, but so what? This thread is not about what I like to listen to. I would think that any candidate for best metal album ever would have to have made some significant contribution to the genre.

Between the depth of the lyrics and the excellent death metal with technical flourishes, whats not to like.

Yeah, and when other bands did this very same thing way better years before this album was released then what business does it have being called 'best metal album ever'? It sounds like early Cynic interpreted through the conventions of arena rock. Plus, it's a total snoozefest.

BOOM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiritual Healing is clearly the best Death album. Individual Thought Patterns is a mess, And what I've heard of Symbolic sounded rather shit.

Even though I don't much listen to Opeth anymore, I'd still have to say...

blackwater-park1.jpg

Yeah, and when other bands did this very same thing way better years before this album was released then what business does it have being called 'best metal album ever'? It sounds like early Cynic interpreted through the conventions of arena rock. Plus, it's a total snoozefest.

While similar, you can hardly call it better, without being completely subjective (although i guess any opinion in a poll like this is completely subjective.

The lyrics play a huge part in Symbolic and if they are not your style then I could see it being called a snoozefest.

I agree with STN that ITP is the worst album by Death. I wonder if he had basically run out of regular death style ideas, thus the switch to more experimental stuff.

I voted Paranoid, but meh. My actual favorite metal album would get laughed out of here so I'll just shut the fuck up. :lol: