The power of a Tube Screamer on a 2 ch. Dual Rec (And, new interface = better tonez!)

I think people on this forum are obsessed by the gain pot. Everybody want an undergained guitar sound but if you listen some of the best metal tone, they are not undergained at all.
Demanufacture, One Kill Wonder, etc etc....they have lot of distorsion and the sound is great so....there are no rules :)
And if you take a look on the Tue Madsen's Dual Recto....it has the gain like Marcus Dual recto

Thanks dude, and I totally agree! Your clips sound good, and your right, the difference between no TS and TS is more subtle, but still, I like the one with the TS better!

Marcus, It sounds great..although the difference between the two samples are marginal for me (Akg240df) But I´m a bit more musician than producer/engineer..so that is probably normal. I dig it :)

The one without the TS defintiely booms more, but I must be honest, I actually expected the difference to be less subtle. Very good tone, tho. I really like it.

Do the usual Drive 0 Level 10 boost settings not work for you, Marcus?

Do the usual Drive 0 Level 10 boost settings not work for you, Marcus?

I dunno, I never tried them since I don't think of them as the "usual" settings! :D To me, the usual are Andy's, namely D9/T11/L12, which is pretty much what I settled on! But thanks for the comments dude, and Felix too! :)

Some might say the fizz would disappear in a mix, but again, listen to the Behemoth song I mentioned above to hear that it's possible to have a tone that cuts without the fizz, and millions upon billions of thanks to Ermz for making me realize this - dude, with your honest feedback and keen insight you more than anyone else have advanced my tone tastes by leaps and bounds! :headbang:

Who knows what kinda of post was done to the tone...there's a lot of unknown variables that could contribute to the lack of fizz there.

Well I'll find that out for myself! :) And don't forget the Roadster, I called Mesa and a tech told me it's voiced slightly darker than the 3 ch. Dual Rec, and my friend who has one absolutely loves his (and it sounded god-like when I saw him use it at a show with his band); that's what I'm really thinking will be the winner!

It's super early here so I had this amp on about as quiet as it can be and still make sound. You can actually hear me turning my OD on and off. My cabs are stacked nextto my rack and the OD is in my pedal tray so it was pretty close to the mic. Had to crank the input on my mic pre to get a usable signal so there is a little bit of noise.

This is a Fulltone OCD. It makes a HUGE difference. Volume again was at about 8:00 on my amp haha. I set the amp to have very little gain before the boost as you'll hear.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/4-reamp.mp3

It's super early here so I had this amp on about as quiet as it can be and still make sound. You can actually hear me turning my OD on and off. My cabs are stacked nextto my rack and the OD is in my pedal tray so it was pretty close to the mic. Had to crank the input on my mic pre to get a usable signal so there is a little bit of noise.

This is a Fulltone OCD. It makes a HUGE difference. Volume again was at about 8:00 on my amp haha. I set the amp to have very little gain before the boost as you'll hear.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/4-reamp.mp3

Hahahahaha, jesus dude, that sound of the pedal is really disconcerting, cuz it seems to come from the edges of the stereo field whereas the guitar is mono - definitely startled me at first! But yeah, makes a big difference indeed! (though I'd like more gain in the tone :D)

And John, I record my DI's using ampsims (TSS --> 8505 --> Boogex, to be exact)

I've got a little thought in the back of my head gnawing at me to test something.
Would you mind telling me the exact settings you're using in the ampsim chain? I want to do an experiment of sorts.