The RC baby thread

i had a rant about this before but fucking goodie bags as parting gifts from kids' bday parties ... fuck me ... who fucking invented them?

i had a kids party today that had good booze so i didn't fling it at the parents ... but tomorrow there is another party which I am pretty sure will be dry. scared of the outcome.

these bags are nothing but ... "see you are special too" ... it's not your fucking birthday ... let the main kid bask in his light for one day.

how do you guys prevent the kiddies from defacing furniture/carpets etc. in the house.
we try to give the malcreada as much freedom as possible but this chica does some crazy stuff.

someone gifted her a bag of assorted easter goodies yesterday in daycare ... part of it was some no-name play-doh brand stuff that sticks to carpet like fucking bubble gum ... of course she took a lump of it and squisshed in into the carpet.

anyway ... at what age can i buy new furniture safely?

Maybe never?
we have a room with nice furniture that we just tell them to stay out of
We also have a room where they've destroyed everthing
if you got the space then get some nice stuff...otherwise dont worry it

edit: scratch the above advice. If you want nice furniture, get it! And lay the smack down on that kid.

Does anyone have any friends who gave their child a really bad name? And thought it was great? Or, hell, I don't know everyones name here. Maybe your name sucks!
Anyway...I'm arguing with a friend about another friends choice of name for her newborn son. Easton. That is like instant redneck. Can you imagine being an adult man called Easton?
Anyway...I'm done arguing because she doesn't get that a name has an impact.

Here's a list of horrible names just in my circle of friends: Asher, Archer, Dakota (a boy), Trystan (also a boy), and the worst first name of all time: Watson

Easton is kind of cool ... it reminds me of the sportswear maker ... seems pretty rough compared to Dakota?!?!?!
does everyone want their kid to be a metrosexual?

I think Watson's kinda cute, makes me think of Sherlock Holmes and fancy pipes and such. But yeah there are a slew of horrible baby names, ugh. If one more friend names their kid Aiden/Aidyn/Aydyn/whatever retarded way they want to spell it I'm gonna scream. No offense to any possible Aiden parents here :loco:

Is half of the posters in this thread Swedish? :)

Norna is and awesome name btw :)

Pretty new here but I have a bit of surf time (and nothing else) as we're just back from delivery of daughter #2 so I need a new board to hang at :). First one's named Iris, weighing two names for the second...

Iris is excellent!
Watson not so much. Some of these names need to be evaluated on an as-adult basis. As a 30 year old man do you want to be called Watson or Dakota or Trystan? Or Easton?

I read an article about a month or so back that said people with common names that are short and easy to pronounce get promotions more easily.

My nephew not only has a fucked up name, he has TWO middle names. One of which, I swear, they must have gotten out of Lord of the Rings or some shit.