The return of the "How are you today?" thread

That's not nice to hear, Muffin. I hope the medication will be really efficient and your face is gonna be just like before. I'm glad you're being optimistic and seeing the bright side of the issue, that's gonna help a lot. :) Can you actually feel anything on that side of your face, like, when you're pinching the skin, even if you still can't move it? Anyway, I hope you get well soon. :)

My teacher's dog almost attacked me today. :lol: And, even worse, he licked me. :lol: I had a 20-vaccines set to do because of some bacteria I got from him, and now that's probably gonna be useless.

lol: I've considered trying to go for a leftie style of shooting, but so far i'm starting to aim pretty good with my left eye open/partially open, so i think i'm good.

And rifles > machineguns

M1 Garand :p Want :(

My friend is diiieeeing for one of those. He spent all summer getting his gun license and all that, and has apparently ordered a shotgun for turkey hunting.
I'm yet to shoot a real one, no good can come of it.

I was doing decently with the bb gun : /
I can see shooting left-handed being pretty awkward though.

P.S.
Tactical Missile Strikes > rifles.
Learn to do that.

My friend is diiieeeing for one of those. He spent all summer getting his gun license and all that, and has apparently ordered a shotgun for turkey hunting.

P.S.
Learn to do that.

i want a flying zombie shark with lasers in the head

Do you?

chainsaw-missile2.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that dude, I really hope you get better, my dad got a stroke last year, his left side of the face is kinda paralized as well, the doctor gave him some exercises like moving his mouth in different ways, or getting a cloth soaked in boiling water and putting it over his left side, it has helped him a lot, you should investigate about them. But I hope the medication works, good luck!!

I'll give it a go, doesn't hurt, but i'm not paralyzed perse, as i have full feeling over the left side of my face, if i scratch it or injure it or anything, i feel it just as much as the right side, its just the muscles that suddenly became limp, its pretty weird.. And i'm sorry to hear about your dad man, hope he makes a full recovery!

Sorry to hear Muffin. I'm sure you will be ok and the medication will work. At least the doctor knew what it is was. My friend has been sick for a long time and they just found out from spinal fluid that it was lyme disease. At this stage antibiotics may not even cure it and if it does its going to require intravenous antibiotics for over three months. I'm sure you will be fine Frank.

Oh shit, sorry to hear about your friend :S!

ANd yeah i know im gonna be alright now, and even if i wont recover from this, it doesnt threaten my life in any way, i could even turn it to my advantage in a way if i wanted to, i'm just glad it wasnt brain tumor or a stroke!

worse case scenario, you're already in Norway, you just may as well become a Troll

:lol:!

That's not nice to hear, Muffin. I hope the medication will be really efficient and your face is gonna be just like before. I'm glad you're being optimistic and seeing the bright side of the issue, that's gonna help a lot. :) Can you actually feel anything on that side of your face, like, when you're pinching the skin, even if you still can't move it? Anyway, I hope you get well soon. :)

My teacher's dog almost attacked me today. :lol: And, even worse, he licked me. :lol: I had a 20-vaccines set to do because of some bacteria I got from him, and now that's probably gonna be useless.

Thank you :) I'm trying to be as optimistic as i can, and i should really, it could've been soo much worse, but i escaped lucky this time, even if my face is tarded for life, at least i still have my life! And yeah i got full feeling in my face :) its just the muscles that are all weak and outa whack.. Thank you^^
How is licking you worse than attacking you :lol:?

P.S.
Learn to do that.

Garand is fucking epic :(
Not a big fan of shotties myself though, always prefered a rifle above them.

Speaking of bb gun and garand, since the M1 Garand is classified as a military weapon by the norwegian laws, i could never get a real one imported to norway, not even for big game hunting. So i've been thinking about getting a gas operated airsoft replica of the M1 Garand, It's not the real thing but, a little collectors item to fiddle about it, and it looks kinda cool, even if air soft.
Check the vid:

Of course its not the real thing but *shrugs* it costs just a fraction of the price of a real one, as is made of real wood and steel parts

Last edited by a moderator:
And yeah i got full feeling in my face :)
Well, I'm not super-awesome at anatomy, but from what I know, that's way more promising for a future recovery, than not feeling anything at all. As long as you still have sensations, the nervous structures or receptors or whatever they're called in English, goddamn word-by-word translation, it probably means the nerves haven't lost all their functions. And even if the medicines don't work, maybe you could visit a special therapist to help you out. Dunno, just saying. Probably being totally incorrect, though I might also have a point. :loco:

How is licking you worse than attacking you :lol:?
Well, the bacteria's probably gonna get back into my skin that way. Plus, I gross out easily. :lol:

I honestly don't know, but the doctor seemed to know what she was talking about, she knew about the illness and shes seen it before, but she spesifically made it clear that she cant promise me that i'll recover lol, god knows where these nerves actually are situated, maybe therapy could make it better afterwards, but i'll think about that if i don't recover, as of now i'm just gonna take my medication and be glad :kickass:

it has, certain letters, especially the word F are harder to pronounce, and i have to focus on talking properly to not sound like i'm retarded.

lol i cant puff my cheeks feks, my left side is LEAKING >8(

LOL

I just tried and i started making this high pitched whistling noise :lol:!!

I laughed so hard i coughed till it hurted ;_;

@Muffin: Let us know about the treatment though, whether you get better or not, you know, the progress in general. :)

I made friends with old ladies at the hospital today. :cool: I'm gonna be an awesome hag. :lol: