The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Can't you pay into a healthcare plan that generally covers much of the extra costs, like ambulances and other emergencies?

In Alberta and BC, you are billed regardless of whether you needed the ambulance or not. I believe there is a fee for just having the ambulance dispatched, and then the costs go up depending on what kind of care you need and where you will be transported. In my experience, the bill gets sent to you in the mail, and then it is your responsibility to go through a health care plan and make the claim.

Not sure about rest of country, but if you call for an ambulance in Onatrio and they decide you didn't need one you are billed something.

I'm not sure, they billed me when I thought I was having a heart attack. $200 bucks.

They also billed my mom when she was having a seizure.

So ionna how it works.

Ugh. I'm incredibly unfamiliar with health care. Here or elsewhere, past or present. I'm just kinda reading this to educate myself a little bit.

But, being from america, I don't agree with enmity. A lot of what we do here, is bitch about how the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer- and it seems to me, that with this system that we have- the poor can't pay for their insurance, so they get fucked when they get hurt driving a car that hasn't been maintained properly because they can't afford it, get sick 'cause they live in poor conditions 'cause they can't afford it, get hurt doing some dangerous ass job 'cause they need the money, etc. And then the people who can afford to pay for health insurance pay some outrageous amount to these fucking insurance companies who try anything they can to not pay for you to get treated when you do need it.

At least with a national healthcare system, everyone would be covered to some extent. If you're going to pay some outrageous amount of money anyway, you might as well help all of your fellow human beings out, as well.

Let's not forget a big portion of the USA's population believes Jesus is coming back to the earth soon. Look it up.

Is that right? Like, significantly more people than the rest of the world? That seems totally ass backwards from the people that I know. And horrifying. =\

THIS.
FYI There is a forum member here who had a brother break an arm and caused the entire family to go through financial burden in order to pay for the treatment. Life is unexpected, so how the fuck is it fair.

Something like this happened to my parents when my grandma got sick.Health care system is really good and free if you are citizen and if you are not like my grandma nobody will give a shit about you and you dont have a right for any free treatment.
I dont wanna know how many treatments my parents had to pay while my grandma was in the private hospital for one month.:erk:

Is that right? Like, significantly more people than the rest of the world? That seems totally ass backwards from the people that I know. And horrifying. =

Well... Yeah... Do you actually live in America? Because it's pretty fucking common knowledge that the US has a significantly higher percentage of Biblebashers (not to mention extremist Christians) than anywhere else.

Is that right? Like, significantly more people than the rest of the world? That seems totally ass backwards from the people that I know. And horrifying. =

Afraid so.

When all is said and done, a general estimate of the nation’s evangelical population could safely be said to average somewhere between 30-35% of the population, or about 100 million Americans.

:erk: And that's JUST the Evangelical Christians, there are also lots of other denominations that may have people who believe the same shit in varying degrees.

I heard the other day that A LOT of Americans actually believe the "rapture" is going to happen, sort of freaked me out.

Yeah, I've lived in california my whole life. I've just never been outside of the country. Except for Tijuana, which totally doesn't count. So... Well I guess there's a shit ton more of the god fearers in the midwest and in the south. I've always assumed that. But the reason it surprised me, I guess, is I always assumed that countries with a lot of history in Catholicism would have more than we do. I dunno... like maybe russia for example?

Again, I've just never been anywhere else to see how little people actually care about christianity in other countries, I guess.

But the reason it surprised me, I guess, is I always assumed that countries with a lot of history in Catholicism would have more than we do. I dunno... like maybe russia for example?
Just for the record, catholicism has never been a strong religion in Russia.

Russian orthodox church is the second largest christian church in the world and it has a very long history of strong political and spiritual influence in Russia for centuries and its still like that: about 65 % of russians consider themselves as ''orthodox christians''.

mbhggl.jpg

Healthcare isn't a right, it's a privilege. If you want it, pay for it. If you don't pay for it, oh fucking well. The US is broke anyway, China owns us and the rest of the world is like, wtf amerika? I think I'm going to move to Australia.