The return of the "How are you today?" thread

I've gotten relatively lean and still can barely go 45 seconds full speed :(
Need more biking and less tobacco D:

You talking about jogging/running? If so, chekc out couch-to-5K, seems stupid but, shit works. Last summer I remember running in a field winded as fuck after 60 seconds, now I own that shit yo.

I really just want to go up and take one out with a knife...keep them on their toes.

:lol:

how the fuck you guys can bike for hours? how do you get time? sometimes i had to wake up 5:45 to hit the gym. because i had work all day and school at night
Well, at my busiest times during school you gotta make sacrifices to get in. I mean, if it's important you MAKE time for it, you know. But it's summer now and our economy can't get no jerbs so :\

I have a lot of free time :p
This too. :erk:

I fucking suck at cardio, can only run about 30-45 seconds at full pelt (if that tbh) and when I jog for ten minutes as a warm-down I feel dead afterwards :ill:

Are you pulling an Ensi and getting buff? :p

Aye, sick of being the unfit and slightly flabby one amongst my friends, going to exercise every day of the summer holidays. One friend of mine says he'll pay me in cash if I have a sixpack in september :lol: so I guess that's motivation, of a sort :lol:

lolwut?

I fucking suck at cardio, can only run about 30-45 seconds at full pelt (if that tbh) and when I jog for ten minutes as a warm-down I feel dead afterwards :ill:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

You'll be running in 5 weeks, guaranteed. As long as you stick with this.

One friend of mine says he'll pay me in cash if I have a sixpack in september :lol: so I guess that's motivation, of a sort :lol:

Well, you're not gonna get a six pack in 2 months... unless you already have abs and just need to get rid of the fat covering them. And money for motivation is bullshit, do it for you man. Although you're pretty young so my true advice is just enjoy yourself now. Don't worry about weights and shit, getting buff isn't gonna get you girl or make you feel better about yourself unless you genuinely have a passion for it/athletics in general. Short of that all you're doing is projecting on yourself what you think other people think looks good, but in fact you're totally wrong. It's gonna take you a few years to understand this, but self confidence and appreciating yourself is gonna get you a lot of happiness in life. But that isn't to say self improvement is contradictory to that either.

Anyways /rant

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

You'll be running in 5 weeks, guaranteed. As long as you stick with this.

Well, you're not gonna get a six pack in 2 months... unless you already have abs and just need to get rid of the fat covering them. And money for motivation is bullshit, do it for you man. Although you're pretty young so my true advice is just enjoy yourself now. Don't worry about weights and shit, getting buff isn't gonna get you girl or make you feel better about yourself unless you genuinely have a passion for it/athletics in general. Short of that all you're doing is projecting on yourself what you think other people think looks good, but in fact you're totally wrong. It's gonna take you a few years to understand this, but self confidence and appreciating yourself is gonna get you a lot of happiness in life. But that isn't to say self improvement is contradictory to that either.

Anyways /rant

Thanks for the link dude, I've heard of stuff like this, I'll have at it definitely.

But of course, the only person I'm doing this for is me. I want to be in better shape, and hopefully have a better attitude towards what foods I eat so I don't become an obese fuck when I'm older. Maybe I want to project an image of myself out to other people when I'm doing this, but if so, then I'd rather give out the message that I'm willing to get fitter and do shit about my figure/fatness whatever rather than "HEY LOOK FAGGOTS ME HAVE LOTS MUSCLE RAWWRR"

derp

Maybe I want to project an image of myself out to other people when I'm doing this, but if so, then I'd rather give out the message that I'm willing to get fitter and do shit about my figure/fatness whatever rather than "HEY LOOK FAGGOTS ME HAVE LOTS MUSCLE RAWWRR"

derp

mr3yx2wii6ea.png

Well, at his age he has a great advantage over all of us. With hormones flying all over the fucking place he can push much harder and heal faster (comparatively) and will make way better gains from being a teenager. Its MUCH easier to learn these things at a young age, than to get older and set in your ways.

I'd rather give out the message that I'm willing to get fitter and do shit about my figure/fatness

Working out for fitness =/= working out for figure. Its actually pretty important to realize this. Six-packs are not at all an indication of fitness or strength, my roommate has a six-pack, and can do about 10 pull ups (where I can do one). I still run farther, faster, and lift more than him.

Working out for fitness =/= working out for figure.

Probably the most important thing to keep in mind. I'm fat as fuck and out endure 80% of the guys that come into the gym. The only people I see busting their ass harder/longer than me are the people you can tell are good athletes.

E.g. I'm on the stationary going 80RPM and 14 resistance, already been 10 mins. Some yuppie cocksucker with gloves sits next to me and jumps on. Set resistance to 6. 15-20 mins later, nigga gets off before me and is sweaty as fuck while I'm still going strong. Not bragging, just feels good man.

And note to everyone:

ROW MACHINE. USE IT. Rowing is fucking awesome. I regret not doing it as much before. Once you get in the zone, maybe even imagine you're actually on a boat rowing, it's fucking intense. Row at a moderately high to high intensity till you fucking can't row anymore, then add 3-5 more mins. I literally get a runners high type thing every time (usually after the 15 minute mark). Throw on some Amon Amarth or other viking type music for extra luls.

Beware of blisters though, I got mad blisters/callouses on my hands from it. But they don't hurt at all so it's not a big deal.

Rowing is only really good if you have proper form. Its mostly legs, and I see people just tugging on the rope all the time.

Annnd on that, my pastrami has digested, biking time.

Working out for fitness =/= working out for figure. Its actually pretty important to realize this. Six-packs are not at all an indication of fitness or strength, my roommate has a six-pack, and can do about 10 pull ups (where I can do one). I still run farther, faster, and lift more than him.

So true, I'm kinda like your roommate, I can out perform most of my friends for fairly unimportant shit like looks and contests/feats but I hardly ever work out, and the guys who actually do proper "fitness" are in way better shape than me. Then again most of my friends are either really fit or really unfit XD

In hte past few years I have gotten way more comfortable with just doing what I feel I should (basically being fit enough to take care of myself in most situations I could realistically find myself in) rather than have a "perfect" looking body. Then again, I don't want to live for ever so I do a lot of stupid stuff from a health perspective. Carpe Diem and all that faggy shit.

Well, at his age he has a great advantage over all of us. With hormones flying all over the fucking place he can push much harder and heal faster (comparatively) and will make way better gains from being a teenager. Its MUCH easier to learn these things at a young age, than to get older and set in your ways.

:kickass:

Ah, fair enough. I guess I'd like to do a bit for both though :D

ROW MACHINE. USE IT. Rowing is fucking awesome. I regret not doing it as much before. Once you get in the zone, maybe even imagine you're actually on a boat rowing, it's fucking intense. Row at a moderately high to high intensity till you fucking can't row anymore, then add 3-5 more mins. I literally get a runners high type thing every time (usually after the 15 minute mark). Throw on some Amon Amarth or other viking type music for extra luls.

Sounds fucking ace, my friend has one, I'll go over and see if I can hijack his from time to time.

Beware of blisters though, I got mad blisters/callouses on my hands from it. But they don't hurt at all so it's not a big deal.

Nothing I'm not used to, damn guitar :mad:

In the early days brah, last year when I practiced easy shit like fuck. And I wouldn't say blisters, just callousing and lots of pain :(

I never never have gotten blisters and i've played for like 6 years

anyways..

i want to cut my hair but i don't know what style to get, i havn't had short hair since like fucking middle school and i have no idea what my hair can do :/

Just shave it and let it grow back until it reaches a length you like. That's what I did/am doing :p

Get a Hitler Youth. google it.

When you go to get it cut say you want it all off.

Say you want really short on the sides, longer all on the top, bitches will be all-up-ons.