The return of the "How are you today?" thread

You do know Canada and USA are the same distance, ~3000KM, from East to West? And that 90% of Canada's population is along the USA border.

You'd be right.

I drove Chicago to L.A. so it wasn't the full E-W of USA. I imagined driving the distance of Vancouver to Newfoundland but it looks like that far east may be inhospitable?

I didn't know that much lived along the border, I guess it's a bit like Aus. in that most of our population is on the east coast.

s

From Toronto to PEI took us like 30 hours driving, we pulled over on the side to stop and sleep. The way there took a week since we stopped at different places; quebec city was a lot of fun that day. That summer we stopped in Quebec city, Fredericton NB, and did a week long camping thing in PEI right on the north beach. Then shortly after that trip we did the thing in Calgary/BC. Was amazing, the country does have some seriously amazing sights. That was the last big vacation my family ever had and was about 10 years ago :(

Canada pssssssssssssh.

USA has its moments.

As for your part of the world, Chicago's cool, I was there for Lollapalooza & Summer Slaughter Festival so was in a good atmosphere, the skyline reminded me of Sydney. The old train bridge/structures in town look really dero though and what's with no internet cafes? :bah:

Springfield IL = ghost town and driving through the rest of Illinois was mainly cornfields from what I saw.

So, yeah running blows.

I hear ya. Dunno if you have them there but at school we had what was called 'Fun Runs' -there's nothing fun about running!

s

Oh yeah, I walked into Kuma's Corner around 11pm, the place was packed so pretty much walked straight back out again.

Ain't waiting 45 minutes for a burger no matter what Metal band it's named after.

s

Most cafes are wifi, though. Or some such thing.

Yeah I got that everywhere I went. 'You can go to Starbucks?'

I like to travel light so didn't bring one with me. Also tried the library in a few towns if I got in early enough.

Missing out on some great burgers. You need to hit it earlier, that's all.

I went there after Summer Slaughter so it was Sunday night, was tired enough and didn't want such a late meal.

I did go to Al's Beef earlier that day.

s

I just finished moving into my house in Oxford for Uni, shit is awesome... But even more awesome is the fact that I'm about to leave for London to see BLIND GUARDIAN FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My brother brought back some 85% rum from St Vincent. He made what he called VSR punch, it took me 2-3 drinks to ask "Whats the VSR stand for?"

"very strong rum!"

Yeah, I was fucking dead at 1am. I feel like shit aand have to work but some assholes upstairs apparently can't watch "Forgetting Sarah Mashall" without the turbo bass setting on...

"can you turn it down man, Its loud as shit"
"OH OKAY" - *goes from 200% to 185% in VLC volume*

Mine does too. I took unusually many courses last semester and couldn't get them all done on one date so I decided to split them. Well, that saved me one semester in total though. :D

Haven't had a worse day.
NOt only did I find out alot of my clostest friends are laughing at me behind my back, but I found out while more hungover than I've ever been, while at work.

a lot of my clostest friends are laughing at me behind my back

It all depends what they're laughing about.

If they think you're a goose but whatever you're doing is what you think is right - F*ck 'em!

If it's harmless 'taking the piss' no need to worry about it, if it's malicious they aren't real friends.

s