The School/Uni Thread

I suppose that could happen. It seems like it also would be easy as fuck to make children's books. I can draw well so I could do all my own illustrations. That would be cool I guess.

Here's my courses for my Fall semester that has yet to start. The courses are pretty difficult this time.

MENG250 Mechanics I (Statics)
CHEM200 General Chemistry
MATH225 Linear Algebra with Applications
EENG250 Electric Circuits I
MATH220 Calculus III

Here's my courses for my Fall semester that has yet to start. The courses are pretty difficult this time.

MENG250 Mechanics I (Statics)
CHEM200 General Chemistry
MATH225 Linear Algebra with Applications
EENG250 Electric Circuits I
MATH220 Calculus III

This should have been my schedule in college, but my calc grade in high school sucked and I switched majors

Funny, I've actually taken all of those at one point or another (except maybe Calc 3, not sure what that's supposed to correspond to). Pretty sure the grades I got in each were as follows:

F - MENG250 Mechanics I (Statics)
C - CHEM200 General Chemistry
D - MATH225 Linear Algebra with Applications
F - EENG250 Electric Circuits I

Translation: I stalk college girls around campus and hang outside their dorms so I can get them to bum rufied cigs off me.

Also, to the guy who said he's glad he didn't get a business degree, I think you need to do away with your belief that all business degrees are alike and that the job market is identical in all places throughout the country. If I was a new graduate and my choice was to stay in Atlanta and not work, or move across the country to get a job and become independent, I'd take door number two.

Now, I don't know what the rest of your life is like, i.e. sick family, girlfriend, etc, but man, try and get the fuck out of Atlanta. It's a shithole and the food is overrated.

Also, to the guy who said he's glad he didn't get a business degree, I think you need to do away with your belief that all business degrees are alike and that the job market is identical in all places throughout the country.

Seriously. I got a business degree (Finance) and it's way harder than just a general business degree. I still make fun of Management majors though.

Finance is pretty trash right now. Anything even remotely related to it, any type of analytical or financial services type position, wants at least 3 years experience in the industry. I've been told several times after interviewing for the few positions I'm qualified for that they hired people with more experience anyway. They say ~40%t of the country is underemployed right now. That figure alone is why so many recent grads are completely unemployed... people with 5-10 years experience are taking the entry level jobs since there's nothing else.

It's shit like Burger King or Walmart or bust. I, and my parents who are tired of me living here agree, that getting that type of job is pretty ridiculous after obtaining a respectably difficult and technical business degree from a regional school that received praise for it's business program.

2.5 years of looking for either an internship or job. A little over one year out of college. Something's gotta give!

Finance majors unite! I had a job as an analyst for a small firm when I got out of college because I already was an intern there and didn't feel like trying for any other job since it was convenient. Most days I just sat there and did nothing except post on message boards because we were so slow. I got laid off about a year ago from that job and I currently work a 25k/yr job because there was nothing else. I do data entry and I'm overqualified for it, but I had a pretty stellar performance review on Friday so I guess things are going well for me.

@krampus: a bachelor's degree is not becoming the new high school diploma. If it were, there wouldn't be so many differences between the lower and middle classes still today.

I work part time in a supermarket and have seen some of the management team work their way up from the bottom with no qualifications and others coming in with "glam" degress like "business management" and "finance" coming into jobs like Checkout Supervisor which is a job practically any unskillerd worker can work themselves up to. This is what lots of people are doing with their degrees.

Funny, I've actually taken all of those at one point or another (except maybe Calc 3, not sure what that's supposed to correspond to). Pretty sure the grades I got in each were as follows:

F - MENG250 Mechanics I (Statics)
C - CHEM200 General Chemistry
D - MATH225 Linear Algebra with Applications
F - EENG250 Electric Circuits I

Were you an engineering student?