The Shitposting Thread

We've had some decent fighters, not that I follow it much, but the latest trend in retiring footballers is going from the field to the ring. It's mostly boxing but I think a few of them went into MMA too.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Not familiar with many boxers from out there outside of Jeff Fenech and a few other old timers. I dont really consider Kostya Tszyu or Vic Darchnyan Australian so i'm not counting them. Australia and New Zealand have definitely produced some good MMA fighters. Robert Whitaker is a former middleweight champion from Sydney ...

Alexander Volkanovski from New South Wales ...

the shoey chugging Tai Tuviasa from Perth ...

And the almighty "Super Samoan" Mark Hunt from New Zealand...

yea lot of washed up dudes from other sports try mma here too but it usually doesnt go well for them. Especially American football players. I think its kind of disrespectful and bigheaded for dudes from other sports to think they can just step in a ring or cage and actually compete because they succeeded in a completely different sport.

EDIT: hmm, looks like Tuviasa is from Sydney too. Could have sworn i heard him give it up to Perth a few times post-fight.

Reactions: CiG
His fans have that covered: http://twitter.com/ufc/status/1005650599201812480

Growing up my family loved Lionel Rose, old school bantamweight boxer and the first aborigine to win a world title afaik.
i thought that was gonna be Whittaker fans chugging shoeys in his name, why am i not surprised its Tuviasa again lmao. Did you see the fist GIF response? :lol:

yeah i've seen a few Lionel Rose's fights too. Solid boxer from what i remember

Reactions: CiG
Man that Whittaker video you shared rules, been awhile since I watched his highlights. He looks fucking scary especially in the more recent matches, dude looks legit huge and you can tell he's got Samoan blooding rolling around in there because his knock out power is just atomic.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Going back to something we spoke about earlier

80188558_440084636686894_8308277826503573504_n.jpg

That's happened a few times here. In 2009 when the fires tore through my back yard the guy on the news doing it which made international headlines worked with my wife. As much as they all deserve credit the women who deserves the most was the woman a few weeks ago who stopped in the middle of the fires and rescued a koala from the flames using her shirt to comfort the animal as she walked out of the fire zone. The poor thing was actually smouldering and couldn't escape the flames but she still went after it and got it too safety.