The Shitposting Thread

The western end of the fires in Eastern Victoria are about 40 mins from us but we are not in any danger from them. There was a lot of smoke and the house and garage reeked of smoke from the fires in the north when we got home but they are even less risk to us. I'm going to head east tomorrow and see if there is anything I can help with but I'm not sure how that will go. In a few weeks apparently there is a few bus loads of families being taken to an adventure park for a free day out. I was volunteered for the job while I wasn't even here, but I don't mind.

Buffet for breakfast, buffet for lunch and full blown fancy restaurant for dinner, even had to wear a fucking tie! This cruise was only a short one, from Melbourne, two nights and a day at sea to Hobart, a day in Hobart, two days to Port Lincoln in South Australia, a day and a half there before a overnight to Adelaide, a day in Adelaide before two nights and a day at sea to Melbourne. We were suppose to go to Kangaroo Island but there was three other cruise ships waiting to go there but couldn't disembark because of the fires so our captain decided to bypass the island and give us an extra half day in Port Lincoln.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
well that's good to hear man. That brushfire sounds wicked as fuck ... i keep reading articles where they say millions/a billion animals have already died, seeing pictures of charred koalas and kangaroos :(. I think its the second or third biggest brushfire/wildfire of all time. I like how everyone is trying to chip in and help. A bunch of bands are raising/donating money too ... Metallica sent out a whopping $750k, Psycroptic are donating 100% of their merch sales, etc. I think we even sent some of our fire-fighters there a few days ago. Hopefully things start looking better soon.
Buffet for breakfast, buffet for lunch and full blown fancy restaurant for dinner, even had to wear a fucking tie! This cruise was only a short one, from Melbourne, two nights and a day at sea to Hobart, a day in Hobart, two days to Port Lincoln in South Australia, a day and a half there before a overnight to Adelaide, a day in Adelaide before two nights and a day at sea to Melbourne. We were suppose to go to Kangaroo Island but there was three other cruise ships waiting to go there but couldn't disembark because of the fires so our captain decided to bypass the island and give us an extra half day in Port Lincoln.
Lol, i was thinking maybe you would have flown out and took a cruise around your native seas of India ;) But yea Kangaroo Island is hit pretty hard from what i was reading, not sure why the other captains would even entertaining the idea of stopping there.

even had to wear a fucking tie!
but did they let you take your balloons in? :D

Reactions: Slammed
There has been some big donations from movie stars and one massive donation from a mining magnate here who called out the other billionaires who call Australia home to do something too but as yet it appears none of them have. The tennis starts here this week and even the tennis players are getting into raising money. The response has been amazing. We've got fire fighters here from New Zealand, Canada and a bunch just flew in from LA yesterday. The problem is no amount of man power is enough now, it's too big to put out. Those fighting the fires are concentrating on preserving life and property not putting the fires out. In some areas it really is a case of what runs out first, water or combustible material.

Lol, i was thinking maybe you would have flown out and took a cruise around your native seas of India ;)

Fuck that I like flying about as much as I now like spending time in a cruise ship. What kind of strange fuck enjoys spending their time feeling like they are inside a sardine can with several hundred other unwashed, inconsiderate humans?

But yea Kangaroo Island is hit pretty hard from what i was reading, not sure why the other captains would even entertaining the idea of stopping there.

The media has fucked that up quite badly. Kangaoo island is bad, they are suffering and they have lost more than half their population of koalas and kangaroos but it's not as bad as the media are suggesting. Last night reports said that the entire island from top to bottom was in flames but it's not. Up until yesterday the port the cruise ships come into (they come in by tender the port isn't big enough to dock cruise ships) was not under threat and the tourist dollar means so much to them so they all hoped they could get in. It was only yesterday that the major township was evacuated. The news reports saying the entire island is on fire are inaccurate, it's like the BBC report from a few days ago that claimed 184 arsonists are responsible for these fires. The figure is 24 arsonists have been arrested (which still sucks) but they are not responsible for the biggest of these fires most of which were started by dry lightning on stinking hot days in areas where there is way too much under growth and fuel.

but did they let you take your balloons in? :D

Such attire is not allowed in the formal dining rooms. It's a fucking double standard, women are allowed to wear make up but men aren't!

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Yeah I agree get some bourbon!
I had bourbon and onion soup on the boat. I thought it was a bit of a weird combo, no idea what sort of bourbon it was, probably cheap shit, but the taste was amazing.
dude even cheap bourbon tastes better then most alcohol(and every vodka). My favorite cheapy is probably Evan Williams ...... or Old Grand-Dad.

I agree, I drink rum occasionally but bourbon or whiskey is my main go to now days. In Australia cheap is about $30 a bottle and it's stuff like Cougar and Nelson County. Jim Beam white, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels are in the $40 range, then shit just up ridiculously from there. Evan Williams single barrel is $64 (average) here. I generally go for Jack but occasionally get a bottle of the flavoured stuff from Jim Beam or Wild Turkey as a change.

I used to drink it with coke but these days if I mix I tend to avoid coke and go for something like dry ginger, or even lemonade. Many years ago I went through a stage mixing it with Fanta, that was just fucking silly!

The number of ciders on the market now is amazing, its like just pick a fruit and someone's marketing a cider with that as the flavour

Reactions: Sophii
I agree, I drink rum occasionally but bourbon or whiskey is my main go to now days. In Australia cheap is about $30 a bottle and it's stuff like Cougar and Nelson County. Jim Beam white, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels are in the $40 range, then shit just up ridiculously from there. Evan Williams single barrel is $64 (average) here. I generally go for Jack but occasionally get a bottle of the flavoured stuff from Jim Beam or Wild Turkey as a change.
good choices(minus the flavored stuff since goodwhiskey has enough flavor for me ;)) And yeah im not surprised that theyre a little pricey there since they're imports. Theyre made here so we obviously dont have that problem with the more common ones. Instead we have cognac which doesnt taste anywhere near as good as even the average or some bottom shelf whiskies but they're priced higher than most(not the high end whiskies) because they're imported. Jim Beam white and Evan Williams(regular black label) are like $6-7 here.

@Terasophe never mix good whiskey. You're paying for the taste/smell/notes, not just to get drunk. If that's the case you can just go ahead and slam some cheap vodka.