The SYAN thread

The last weekend saw the first Farmakon jam session ever! Well, almost, at least. Toni couldn't join us, as he was acoustically dueting somewhere. Regrettably there's nothing to share, as we didn't record anything, and with me on guitar you would't want to hear it anyway. But we had fun! Most likely you'll get samples from the jams the whole band participates into. Even though it's not likely those parts will represent Syan at all.

This might as good time as any to announce that our old drummer Riku Airisto has agreed to participate on the third album. Thus the line-up is complete. We don't know what's going to happen after the Syan is ready, and we don't care. The new line-up is not likely to play old songs, so no gigs are to be expected for now.

In case you're interested in Riku's other activities, check out Airhead!

I just bought a beaten up 1977 Fender Precision bass. Hippie flavor.

It makes me sound like Justin Chancellor. Which is a good thing, I suppose. For all Farmakon fans it's a disaster.

Justin Chancellor eh? A familiar name. One of the Backstreet Boys?

Also: Farmakon fans? Plz :lol:

Well it's nice someone writes something to this thread anyway. Ummhh, Pekka's bass might be the only update we actually have now. Nice and slow.

Justin Chancellor eh? A familiar name. One of the Backstreet Boys?

Also: Farmakon fans? Plz :lol:

Well it's nice someone writes something to this thread anyway. Ummhh, Pekka's bass might be the only update we actually have now. Nice and slow.

Jams this weekend?

Nice jams today. We actually got a few riffs made. The band played very tight together, so don't worry about the new lineup.

My throat feels like fucking sandpaper :Smug: The previous session of serious growling was in november I think.

I think today was very touching in a number of ways. I'd tell more, but I don't want to. Let's just say that great things are on the way!

Vetäkää poijjaat levyn nimeks Sy(bi)an. Tarjoon useamman bissen. Olis aika topakka titteli.

We've had occasional jams by altering line-ups and today me and Pekka listened the recordings through and handpicked some of the best parts for further development. The sound quality was generally too for publishing, but the ideas come through just fine.

Ostin kontran, perkele.

And the same in english: tjugo kilo tursk aer mycket tursk.

No voi saatana! Täytyy vissiin ottaa sit huuliharppukin käyttöön. Kuhan eka oppii soittaan.

Kuules koloppi!

Son poka hyvä jos otatta harput ja konthrat käyttöön nii loppuu se saatanalline ryttyyttämine ja helevetinkoneitte möyryntä.

Ekä siinä poka muuta mutta jossei se meteli lopu nii meijä Jaramo tulee ja katkkoo sulta polovet! Polovet sulta katkkkkoo. Mulukku. Nii se sinnuu hivahuttaa, hivahuttaa nii notta ikäs tiiät.

Ekä poka millää hyvällä.

T. Alakerran pappa

PS. Ja jos toivoo soppii ni voisitta koko perekeleen pumppu enämpi soittaa semmosta Junkkarise Erkin tyylistä. Rupee meijä Hilikkaakin riapoon se iänikune ryttyyttämine. Että notta kutta saatanata rallaa.

This era of Farmakon seems to circle around the theme of getting old and fat.

We made a song, and although I've already forgotten most of it, it is a damn fine piece of... say... "alternative metal"! Tagwords "pseudodeath", "funk metal", "faith no more-chorus".

We've (or.. maybe I've been the only one with this issue all the time) got through the phase of trying to create art. Now it's just hanging out with friends, playing rock and drinking a few beers. As it should be. A revelation. For years I've been sidetracked by all kinds of shite.