The Top 5 List Thread

What's so bad about it? Kinda annoyingly moralistic, but other than that I thought it was fine. None of those are among my favorites ever though, I found something mildly unsatisfying about each one.

Top 5 Monotheist tracks:

1. Synagoga Satanae
2. Os Abysmi vel Daath
3. Ain Elohim
4. Domain of Decay
5. Ground
  1. Progeny
  2. Domain of Decay
  3. Temple of Depression
  4. Synagoga Satanae
  5. Ground

What's so bad about it? Kinda annoyingly moralistic, but other than that I thought it was fine. None of those are among my favorites ever though, I found something mildly unsatisfying about each one.

1. Progeny
  2. Domain of Decay
  3. Temple of Depression
  4. Synagoga Satanae
  5. Ground

1. Obscured
2. Ain Elohim
3. Synagoga Satanae
4. A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh
5. Drown in Ashes

Reactions: zerostatic
Obscured is beautiful, in the past I would only listen to A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh from Monotheist. To be honest, the entire album doesn't sound like CF. It's great though, despite the fact that it's always a challenging listen.

My favorite is Ain Elohim, ever since seeing a live clip of it from wherever it was back then, Wacken I think.

Top 5 things I'd like to do (or do more of) if I had more time:
  1. University classes
  2. Travel
  3. Try to live off-grid
  4. Political activism
  5. Software development
1. Software development (games or desktop applications mainly)
2. Make more noise music
3. Tinker with mathematics
4. Paint/draw art (including on the PC)
5. Bust nuts

Actually I have a bit of time, just prefer wasting it posting lists on forums instead. Things like travel are more about the money. Need to rake in the dough so I feel more comfortable splashing out rather than saving it for the longer picture.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Top 5 things I've accomplished in my free time lately:
  1. Wrote a 10-page fantasy story
  2. Meditated under a clear, starry, rural night sky
  3. Saw a financial advisor, and got schooled on ways I can better structure my accounts for retirement
  4. Printed ~1000 pages of personal files (out of paranoia that my Windows and Google accounts might get simultaneously hacked and wiped one day)
  5. got caught up on Westworld

Also got back into classical music. Top 5 artists I've been listening to (not overall favorites, more like top background music):
  1. Haydn
  2. Mozart
  3. Handel
  4. JC Bach
  5. Schubert

Been reading the Odyssey too. Top 5 parts so far:
  1. The way every event is a function of the gods' will / fits into the complex mythological structure
  2. The tug-o-war between Athena and Poseidon as Odysseus's main ally and enemy
  3. Cyclops
  4. Lotus-eaters
  5. Repeating epithets ("Dawn with rose-red fingers", "bright-eyed Athena", etc.)

Reactions: Onder
top 5 Metallica songs, off the top of my head, a few beers deep

1. Motorbreath
2. Ride the Lightning
3. Blackened
4. Creeping Death
5. Fight Fire with Fire / The Frayed Ends of Sanity

top 5 Metallica songs, off the top of my head, a few beers deep

1. Motorbreath
2. Ride the Lightning
3. Blackened
4. Creeping Death
5. Fight Fire with Fire / The Frayed Ends of Sanity
You spelled Master of Puppets wrong at number 1 there

1 - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
2 - Ride The Lightning
3 - ...And Justice For All
4 - Blackened
5 - Master of Puppets

I haven't heard ReLoad in forever.
I freakin' love it, particularly the long brooding songs like Where the Wild Things Are and Fixxxer and just about all the other non-singles. So then Bad Seed probably sticks out to me as worse than it is, but the cheesy announcer/circus vocal thing does make it a Stone Temple Pilots rip-off among better Alice in Chains rip-offs.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy