The Top 5 List Thread

Top five albums I would need on a deserted island:
  1. Dream Theater: "Images and Words"
  2. Zakk Wylde: "Book of Shadows"
  3. Coil: "Scatology"
  4. Chemical Brothers: "Dig Your Own Hole"
  5. Grails: "Take Refuge in Clean Living"
Updated deserted island albums (two changes):
  1. Therion - Vovin (something spiritual)
  2. Led Zeppelin - IV (something rootsy)
  3. Dream Theater - Images and Words (something comic bookish)
  4. Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole (for dancing)
  5. Grails - Take Refuge in Clean Living (for spacing out)

5 favourite David Lynch films. I've only seen LH and IE once each but probably about right:

1. Mulholland Dr
2. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
3. Lost Highway
4. Eraserhead
5. Inland Empire
Pretty sure I did this before but fuck it:

1. Lost Highway (Greatest movie of all time)
2. Inland Empire
3. Mulholland Drive
4. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
5. Blue Velvet

Reactions: CiG
1. Mulholland Drive (top 5 movie ever for me)
2. Lost Highway
3. Twin Peaks: FWWM
4. Blue Velvet
5. Eraserhead

I too need to see Inland Empire.

What did everyone think about the new Twin Peaks series? I found it utterly maddening, frustrating, annoying and yet it hit peaks (no pun intended) never before reached by TV.

Reactions: CiG
1) mulholland drive
(to clarify, as i watched it again pretty recently: some of the stuff that doesn't directly involve betty/diane is pretty goofy, but perhaps a suicidal, murderous woman needs a little levity in her dreams and movies. the meat of it, though... that close-up of their glowing, translucent faces over the cityscape at the end might be my favourite shot of all time (along with the one in PERFECT BLUE when that film's betty dances off across the lamp posts). watts' performance might be my favourite too, or at least the one whose tragedy haunts me the most)
2) FWWM
3) blue velvet
4) lost highway
5) wild at heart

2 and 4 need rewatches but that's where i'm at based on memory. 5 could easily be inland empire but i like showing wild at heart some love. i love the first season of twin peaks more than any of them, and haven't watched the new one yet.

Lynch:

1. Twin Peaks: Fire Wark With Me
2. Blue Velvet
3. Inland Empire
4. Dune
5. Mulholland Drive

Still haven't seen Eraserhead! Need to rewatch Wild at Heart, I saw it once as a kid and hated it but I didn't really get Lynch at the time.

What did everyone think about the new Twin Peaks series? I found it utterly maddening, frustrating, annoying and yet it hit peaks (no pun intended) never before reached by TV.

Ever since I finished it, I've had countless dreams in which I was watching an episode 19, or a season 4... I think the extent to which the story has continued in my head is testament to how much that season of television impacted me. I hold it in roughly the same esteem I do the original run.

Reactions: Bloopy