The Top 5 List Thread

Obviously it's a total mess of a movie, and an awful adaptation, but any time the music swells and MacLachlan delivers some now-iconic line I feel like it's the most majestic thing I've ever seen.

Not even a 30-second clip, and even out of context, it gives me instant chills down the spine.

He's at least in a better position than most people who direct a remake of a film considered to be a masterpiece, like this new Suspiria film coming out soon, or already is out.

People will go easier on him no doubt because the Lynch film is considered to be flawed and mired with problems.

oh yeah probably. i've seen almost every villeneuve movie and never fully connected to any of 'em though.

the suspiria remake is getting some huge raves from people i trust, i'm pretty excited about that. best to treat it as a separate film though by the sounds of it, very different from the original.

oh yeah probably. i've seen almost every villeneuve movie and never fully connected to any of 'em though.

the suspiria remake is getting some huge raves from people i trust, i'm pretty excited about that. best to treat it as a separate film though by the sounds of it, very different from the original.

Have you seen Incendies? I think that's a terrific movie.

Didn't realise he was remaking Dune, now very excited.

Top 5 quotes from the NZ band Cage Demise's low budget doco on YouTube:

5. "All our band money was going in the pokie machine"

4. "We called ourselves Rush, and it's not a name that I decided because I had a couple of you know, vinyls of the original British band called Rush"

3. "As far as live bands is concerned, I never witnessed anythink until that day that a certain Mr Freeman dragged me along to 8 Foot Sativa show and it just broke my arse"

2. "You've had like a fuckin' mean roast on a Sunday night and it's about 7:30 and you hit the fuckin' toilet for a mean poo"

1. "Gotta try and be the brutalest cunt anyone's ever seen, you know? That's what I try and do."

5 Underrated Rush Songs:

1. Emotion Detector
2. Mission
3. The Twilight Zone
4. Double Agent
5. Circumstances

I love Circumstances!

All good choices. Mine:

1) Between the Wheels
2) Secret Touch
3) Open Secrets
4) Cold Fire
5) Prime Mover

The entire Counterparts album is significantly underrated as is Hold Your Fire. The only truly skippable song on HYF is Tai Shan. Open Secrets is definitely underrated from a lyrical perspective.

Between the Wheels is probably their best album closer in the entire discography.

Reactions: CiG