the "translate please" thread

i wish i could read all the letters of the cyrillic alphabet :/
anyone with the time and patience to teach us something is welcome to do so :D

:) i'd like to know the letters of the alphabet (in order) and how you pronounce them or to which latin (or greek, if that's easier) characters they 'equal', if it's not too hard please. :)

thats the russian alphabet the other slavis cyrilic alphabets have some differences for example the serbian alphabet has 30 letters and the macedonian has 31 while the russian has 33. I guess the pronounication is similar in all the slavic languages (the ones that actually use the cyrilic alphabet)

thank you both! this all has sure made things a bit clearer, but i still have a long way to go.. :D

Siren said:
i wish i could read all the letters of the cyrillic alphabet :/
anyone with the time and patience to teach us something is welcome to do so :D

Here for you another useful site to learn the differencenses in the cyrillic alphabet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet#Bulgarian

I would recomend you a hear course called "Pimsleur" in case that you not just want to learn the alphabet but to speak another language as well:

pimsleurapproach.com

It's quiet easy for absolutely beginners to learn any language (I don't know how good it is for Russian but I was very statisfied by the one for Hebrew). The only disadvantage of Pimsleur is that you only can learn to talk but not to write or read .... so this part you should do by yourself ;)

Furthermore I can't really say how you should beginn to learn because i grew up with the cyrillic alphabet and have knew besides Bulgarian (the whole my life) also from my 6 year of life Russian... so maybe I'm the wrong one to tell where you should beginn...but I'm hey- you can always count on me for amy help :D

@Geri: thanks a lot! that pimsleur course sounds very interesting, i'll be sure to check it out :)