The Ugly World Tour 2011

You would be able to go home early depending on who is closing. I enjoy leaving early because it's always a 4-5 hour drive to Toronto. Kalmah in Sudbury on March 12th will be an easy hour or so drive. Can't wait:headbang:

^^Never heard about Devin Townsend = you're quite talented :lol: Saw him in Tuska last summer, pretty good IMO

Ok, I looked him up and now I know why his name sounds so familiar. He sang on an old Steve Vai album(Sex & Religion). Never heard any of his own material though so I still need to check that out.

Ok, I looked him up and now I know why his name sounds so familiar. He sang on an old Steve Vai album(Sex & Religion). Never heard any of his own material though so I still need to check that out.

You'll get people recommending all sorts of his material for starters. I say check out Accelerated Evolution first. It doesn't have a lot of the ideas and forward pushing he usually does but it is the most accessible release. A great starter album and you'll also find some really good gems there that will remain some of your favorite tracks by him.

After that I would say to go to his first album Ocean Machine and then probably Addicted. After that you can do what ever you want.

The only thing is in my opinion the first album you hear is crucial because it will make or break it for you. Not all his material is easy to get into on the first listen. You have to know what to expect and already like some of his other work before you give it a shot. That is why I cannot recommend Terria first even if it is a beautiful piece of art.

You'll get people recommending all sorts of his material for starters. I say check out Accelerated Evolution first. It doesn't have a lot of the ideas and forward pushing he usually does but it is the most accessible release. A great starter album and you'll also find some really good gems there that will remain some of your favorite tracks by him.

After that I would say to go to his first album Ocean Machine and then probably Addicted. After that you can do what ever you want.

The only thing is in my opinion the first album you hear is crucial because it will make or break it for you. Not all his material is easy to get into on the first listen. You have to know what to expect and already like some of his other work before you give it a shot. That is why I cannot recommend Terria first even if it is a beautiful piece of art.
I feel like ziltoid gives you a good idea of a lot of the stuff he does between singing, atmospheric stuff, heaveyness, his nerdom and creativity

Hi, guys! :) Does anyone know - will be COB on the Global East Open Air Festival 2011 in The Kyev,Ukraine? It is very important to me. If anyone has some information about, please share. And.. sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: ))

I feel like ziltoid gives you a good idea of a lot of the stuff he does between singing, atmospheric stuff, heaveyness, his nerdom and creativity

Ziltoid does but what I think it is missing is that similar atmosphere that all his solo albums share. The Ziltoid album has it's own atmosphere for obvious reasons and while it does have the wide range of styles that Devin is famous for it falls a little bit for the redhead of the family syndrome.

Hello all COB fans!
I'll be at Prague venue...
and here's my question...does COB mind if i film their show? Does anyone have experience?

Hello all COB fans!
I'll be at Prague venue...
and here's my question...does COB mind if i film their show? Does anyone have experience?

Well, the thing is. You aren't allowed to bring a video camera with you into the venue. But now with all the Iphone's and so on, it's hard for officials to do anything about bootlegging. I'm not entirely sure about this statement, but that's how i see it :)

Well, the thing is. You aren't allowed to bring a video camera with you into the venue. But now with all the Iphone's and so on, it's hard for officials to do anything about bootlegging. I'm not entirely sure about this statement, but that's how i see it :)
You're right...
I want to tape on digicam with 720p HD video...so there shouldn't be problem with security...
Also,I wanted to know how the band feels about this :)

Thanks for the Devin Townsend recommendations. I've always wanted to listen to his music.

If the venue allows cameras, I always film and take photos.

Good way to lose your camera. I could use a new one so give it a go :devil:

We don't allow video cameras in the venue unless it is approved ahead of time and the proper credentials have been issued. AKA press

There you have it.

Shame that Dani looks like a fat, electrocuted hobbit nowadays. If the band would change vocalist, they could be listenable.

I'm a big fan of Dani's extreme vocals, but they should change their female choir singer to someone skinnier for better appeal.

Cradle Of Filth doing a co-headline tour with COB, damn that would rule.

Are you fucking kidding me????? Co-headliner with that???

Not even as openers with a 20 min set would I like to see that joke next to COB. Slipknot was enough circus for them, better to tour with real bands like they'r doing this time around.

Shame that Dani looks like a fat, electrocuted hobbit nowadays. If the band would change vocalist, they could be listenable.

I was thinking a bit more like Beetlejuice....

As for filming entire shows, unless you have professional equipment, I really don't get it. It's more fun to just enjoy the show, and maybe snap a few pictures. But again, unless you have professional quality equipment, the video and photo quality usually isn't good enough to bother with.