The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

It's worth the effort that it takes imo. It took me months to do mine, but then again, I opted to include a lot of unnecessary information which is only useful for traders/buyers, like pressing information. I just have my stuff in an excel file for now, but Deron said eventually that whenever he gets his fat bastard ass around to doing his own cataloging thing, that it should be compatible with excel. Just keep in mind that it's better to start sooner than later.

You don't have to type shit in other than finding the artist. It will have every release they've ever had (including bootlegs) and you choose which one you have. It has every CD categorized (once you click on the info) by release date and pressing information. You can even add releases that aren't on there, rate them and make comments on them.

You can also export it to text format and put it into excel from there

I went through and re-cataloged my entire collection to be as accurate as possible. It only took me a weekend to do it.

Posting from work!

An hour and fifteen minutes to go and I've been bored as hell all day. I'm glad I got a chance to get on here during the day and check up on you kids. :Smug:

You don't have to type shit in other than finding the artist. It will have every release they've ever had (including bootlegs) and you choose which one you have. It has every CD categorized (once you click on the info) by release date and pressing information. You can even add releases that aren't on there, rate them and make comments on them.

You can also export it to text format and put it into excel from there

I went through and re-cataloged my entire collection to be as accurate as possible. It only took me a weekend to do it.

i have to redo mine. ive gotten waaaaay behind. plus metal archives doesnt have all the metal cds i have.
~gR~